Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by gaelic View Post
EDIT: what's a bit sad is that it is not possible to sync application settings with the phone. So either I configure e.g mail by hand or I have to copy the config via ssh. Nothing a normal user would ever do.
Well, there is this:

[Request] [Jolla Tablet] [Idea] Jolla tablet <-> Jolla smartphone pairing/communication

It has 243 votes and is tagged with the roadmap tag, but so far I haven't really heard about any actual progress on this being made.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
@MartinK, @gaelic, what about making a backup on jolla phone, copy file to Tablet and restore backup?
Not having a tablet yet, I was planning to do it like that, so it would be great to hear if it is working!

Edit: Since 1.1.9.x there is even "copy to memory card" in backup-settings as a pulley option, so i suspect it is planned by Jolla to take out the memory card with backupfile from phone and stick it into the tablet to restore?

Last edited by mosen; 2015-10-14 at 14:13.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
@MartinK, @gaelic, what about making a backup on jolla phone, copy file to Tablet and restore backup?
Not having a tablet yet, I was planning to do it like that, so it would be great to hear if it is working!

Edit: Since 1.1.9.x there is even "copy to memory card" in backup-settings as a pulley option, so i suspect it is planned by Jolla to take out the memory card with backupfile from phone and stick it into the tablet to restore?
That's an interesting idea! And it should work, at least "on paper" given that the backup software should be the same on both ends.

But this is still something like a first-time-setup thing as backup restore IIRC overwrites any data currently in place. The question I have linked to is more about long term bidirectional synchronisation ,data sharing and cooperation (forwarding calls, messaging sessions, web pages, etc.) between your Jolla phone and tablet.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 67 | Thanked: 184 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Helsinki
Did that already on Mon evening.

I imported my backup via mSDcard and all my accounts were there. Unfortunately i forgot that you have to install all Jollas app (mail, calender etc). So when i then went into the mail app all the server settings where empty.

Try it like this:
install mail, calendar and pretty anything from Jolla store you need and then run the backup. Maybe you are lucky and your emailsettings are there.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hemiwi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 67 | Thanked: 184 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Helsinki
No for a question that is burning myself (if noob question sorry)....

I read the How to install video / audio codec thread (and if i remember right did that on the pone 2 years ago).

Since i cant install warehouse / openrepos due to the architecture of the tablet is it safe to install the codecs via shell? If so which are the latest one? Or better wait?

Please help i really would like to see some movies or series when travelling. Thanks

Or has anyone found a player that works out of the box on the tablet?

The Following User Says Thank You to hemiwi For This Useful Post:
Just started to find tablet apps from https://openrepos.net/

I have installed successfully:

Filecase
https://openrepos.net/content/cepiperez/filecase-0
-seems to work (after 5 minutes of use)

Webpirate
https://openrepos.net/content/dax/webpirate
-Works! I opened youtube and downloaded one music video and played video using Jolla Gallery
-Thanks for developers as I tend to download stuff for sdcard to be able to watch some videos whenever there is no network coverage

Tweetian
https://openrepos.net/content/veskuh...an-sailfish-os
- Opens up.
- I don't have account so This was just a basic test for others interested...

Sailorgram
https://openrepos.net/content/dax/sailorgram
- Install ok and opens
- does not send sms? At least after one try. Need to try again.

Question: Should these noarch.rpm work on tablet?
For example:
helsinki-transit-live
https://openrepos.net/content/otsalo...i-transit-live

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to KylliOrvokki For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
That's an interesting idea! And it should work, at least "on paper" given that the backup software should be the same on both ends.
I think I read it somewhere that backup from Jolla phone should work for tablet.

Just noticed this:
https://jolla.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/a...let-User-Guide
Has this already been here somewhere?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KylliOrvokki For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Just got mine today. Feels much more solid than I was expecting. Lastu case is a great design, but mine's a bit wonky - it doesn't sit straight on the screen.
There are a few x86 builds in the store, but strangely no warehouse yet. Anyone know where the source is for that. Might try to build Hangish later on.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to billranton For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Do we have the option to use the partners space in some way?

Last edited by Dave999; 2015-10-15 at 03:15.

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by gaelic View Post
I got mine yesterday and used only the browser for a short while. The display is ok, but the speed is compared to the phone not increased (slow "hickup" scrolling in the browser, etc)
There are now much more pixels being moved so I guess fast scrolling means graphical card being overloaded - maybe this chipset is still fairly new to underlying Android drivers and they could be optimized in the future?

Then again, I tried many browsers on the phone and noted that the scrolling performance differs a lot depending on application.

For example native Webpirate is a full featured browser and looks attractive and aligned with Jolla alternative philosophy but I am set back by the scrolling performance.

The Firefox browser is the best performing browser on the Sailfish Phone, despite it running on Alien Dalvik.

Could you try install Firefox on the tablet and see if your experience with Firefox is better?

I know this is not the point but we must not ignore that Jolla is pushing Sailfish to be the alternative platform of choice on which to run your favorite Android apps.

Also I would be interested to know how much memory the Alien Dalvik virtual machine is reporting. 1GB?

Thanks and good luck with the eventual sale

The Following User Says Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla tablet, sailfishos