Posts: 37 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on May 2010 @ The Netherlands
Hello, I am having a serious, hopefully easy to solve, problem.

When I got my N900, I used my 'old' SIM-card which I used for my N95 8GB.

Everything working great!

BUT, since three days, I am using a new one, a Vodafone SIM-card.

With this one in use, I can't download ANY apps anymore, can't delete the installed apps and I can't update anymore. The applicationmanager seems dead.

I have absolutely no idea how to solve this problem.

I have been to a Nokia CarePoint, but they couldn't (or didn't want to?) help me.

My question to you guys, is: can you help me solving this problem? It would mean a lot to me, as I am new here and this is my first problem I have with my N900 (and last, I hope).

Pre-thanks!

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
When I had a somewhat similar problem it had to do with a proxy I was using. I gave up and just use App Mgr when I am using wireless, which is most of the time.

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
When I had a somewhat similar problem it had to do with a proxy I was using. I gave up and just use App Mgr when I am using wireless, which is most of the time.

Great it works for you! It could be a proxy issue too, but even connected to wifi, I'm still having this problem! It's so typical!

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I'm in the US and not using Vodaphone. So if you go into Settings Internet Connections you don't have anything notable there, just default settings? Maybe a Vodaphone user can help.

Only default settings. Vodafone users couldn't help, they say it has nothing to do with the SIM-card. @ Nokia Care, they said the same. But the man wasn't that willing to help, so :+)

Maybe on the wrong APN?

Posts: 131 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Michigan
I also don't use Vodaphone however I can tell you it's probably your SIM card.

Was your old SIM also on Vodaphones network? If it was then you are correct the new SIM you were sent is the issue.

Reason being is SIM cards while they may not be different in size can be different in the actual internals. Some members here have probably seen this when they do a upgrade from a provider they send a new SIM because the old one "may not be compatible". This is because they increase contact limits, change how much information is stored such as IMSI, IIN, ect.

I remember this being an issue on Nextel a long time ago when we started using Falcon64 SIMs they didn't like some of the older phones but that is another story.

At any rate, I would see if you could request another SIM from Vodaphone and also if they have any older generation SIMs available. Generally they won't as most older SIMs are destroyed but you never know.

Hope it all works our for you.