Posts: 7 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Saint Petersburg
Rocket is an awesome mobile Twitter client for MeeGo Harmattan with personality. Full of features and stunning design, Rocket is a social media tool for all your needs.

Features
  • Compose/delete tweet
  • EventFeed integration
  • 11 picture upload services: Twitter, TwitPic, Yfrog, Mobypicture, img.ly, Posterous, TwitGoo, Pikchur, TwitrPix, Twitvid, Twipple
  • Username auto-completion in the Tweet editor
  • Home, Mentions, Messages timelines
  • Unique feature "Undo tweet"
  • Search, Conversations, Favorites, Lists
  • Block user, Report for spam
  • Retrieve saved searches
  • Dark and Light themes
  • Font size customization
  • Copy tweet text or url
  • Change user profile and photo from within the app
  • Mentions, Direct messages, Following notification
  • Save URLs from tweets to Pocket, Instapaper or del.icio.us for reading later
  • View geo location on the map (Nokia Maps or Google Maps)
  • View user's following list/profile/tweets/photo/website
  • View tweets with highlighted details of images/links/hashtags etc...
  • View web sites in external browser
  • View images in the app hosted on twitter, twitpic, flickr, yfrog, movapic, molome, youtube, instagram, picplz, lockerz, img.ly, 9gag.com, via.me, direct urls and much more (32 services supports)

You can download it from Nokia Store (http://store.ovi.com/content/283081)
I made this thread for get some feedback and bring support.

Here's some screens:

Last edited by ukhamitov; 2012-12-18 at 11:25.

The Following 37 Users Say Thank You to ukhamitov For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Hi ukhamitov,

Purchased Rocket a few hours ago after reading about it on MNB... A few issues I'd like to highlight:

- The avatar in the feed-screen is in squircircles but in the app, squares are used instead

- Using default twitter client if you open the client and new tweets come in, they are automatically pushed to the feed-screen too; this doesn't happen with Rocket

- What is the interval for updating? I couldn't find any update feed-screen interval; also does this mean within the app itself there is no update interval but auto-retrieval which is actually very good

- If you open a tweet from the feed-screen with Rocket closed, it takes sometime for Rocket to open (understandable as default Twitter client takes time too) but the tweet that opens up has missing avatar with some rendering for the "via XXX" being wrong too; you can see it below:

Other than the above everything else seems very nice

Thanks for the great work!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Looks nice indeed.

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Looks very nice. What about identi.ca/status.net support? Is that something that you might add in the future or is it planned to stay Twitter-only? Ideally we'd have two accounts (1 Identi.ca and 1 Twitter) set up then, but even if you just support a single service, one could use Rocket for Identi.ca and the Twitter app for Twitter.

See also:
http://status.net/wiki/API
http://status.net/wiki/Twitter-compatible_API

The Following User Says Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thp View Post
Looks very nice. What about identi.ca/status.net support? Is that something that you might add in the future or is it planned to stay Twitter-only? Ideally we'd have two accounts (1 Identi.ca and 1 Twitter) set up then, but even if you just support a single service, one could use Rocket for Identi.ca and the Twitter app for Twitter.

See also:
http://status.net/wiki/API
http://status.net/wiki/Twitter-compatible_API
Hi! I thought about identi.ca/status.net support. But first I want add Twitter-multiaccounts support. May be in future

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ukhamitov For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Hi ukhamitov,

Purchased Rocket a few hours ago after reading about it on MNB... A few issues I'd like to highlight:

- The avatar in the feed-screen is in squircircles but in the app, squares are used instead

- Using default twitter client if you open the client and new tweets come in, they are automatically pushed to the feed-screen too; this doesn't happen with Rocket

- What is the interval for updating? I couldn't find any update feed-screen interval; also does this mean within the app itself there is no update interval but auto-retrieval which is actually very good

- If you open a tweet from the feed-screen with Rocket closed, it takes sometime for Rocket to open (understandable as default Twitter client takes time too) but the tweet that opens up has missing avatar with some rendering for the "via XXX" being wrong too; you can see it below:

Other than the above everything else seems very nice

Thanks for the great work!
Thanks for bug-report. I will fix it very soon

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ukhamitov For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
just wonder can adjust the event feed reflesh time, 20 mins is too often

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on May 2012 @ The Netherlands
Great app!! Already better than the stock app.

Only thing is that I can't select location sending while composing a new tweet. If I select the always send location option in the settings menu it doesn't seem to work either.

Otherwise great app, thanks for your work!

sent you an email regarding yhe feedback on rocket. This have hige potential indeed

Is it possible to have it only update with the default refreshing of the event feed? Can't the daemon bet set only to start running when the phone auto refreshes the feed itself, just like the normal twitter feed?

Tags
rocket, twitter