Posts: 118 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Hi all,

since I updated the firmware I see the following behavior (not seen with the old firmware):

In the evening, when the N900 has to go to bed -.-, I turn on the "silent" profile and switch to offline mode. Then I connect the charger and go to sleep. I tend to never turn it off - if I don't have to.

In the morning I disconnect the charger and try to unlock my device. I'm asked to enter the lock code (or however it is called). I try to, but it looks like the device is not accepting or receiving any touches (no asterisk appears).

But, the funny thing is the "swipe to unlock" screen accepts my swipe. Which brings me to the "enter lock code" screen. But if I hit a number on the "enter lock code" screen nothing happens.

To get my device working again I've the force a shutdown and boot again.

Am I the only one? Can anyone verify that, too? Is there a workaround or fix (or at least a filed bug)?

Btw. the workaround disable the "enter lock screen" is not acceptable - but I could give it a try this night ^^.

Last edited by emesem; 2010-01-23 at 11:15.

Posts: 158 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Lockscreen is working for me at least, but haven't tried to put it first silent and offline. Why do you set it first silent and after that to offline? I think you wont be recieving any calls in offline mode so... why silent?

At the beginning I wasn't sure if there will be any sounds for finished charging etc ... so it is just to be really sure that nothing could make I sound while I'm sleeping. Only the paranoid survive -.-. But I don't think that solves my problems - but I'll give it a try.

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Castello d'Argile (BO)
Originally Posted by emesem View Post
Am I the only one? Can anyone verify that, too? Is there a workaround or fix (or at least a filed bug)?
Looks like we're not the only ones experiencing this issue, see bug #8115

The Following User Says Thank You to aboaboit For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aboaboit View Post
Looks like we're not the only ones experiencing this issue, see bug #8115
Thank you for linking that bug - but I have no alarms set up. Maybe it is not exactly the same. But it could have the same root cause. bug#8002 could be the reason for the mentioned bug and my problem - another thing to test ^^.

sometimes the touches dont respnd when im on the desktop and try to access "phone" and conversations applications from desktop shortcuts.
then aftr multiple touches it says..
"hildon-application not responding"

Same here. However, switching to offline mode and just leaving the device alone until the unlock screen comes up when activated again seems enough to trigger the number keys not registering any input. Alarm, silent mode or charging all doesn't affect it. I use offline mode fairly often and I find it strange that there are not more people observing this problem.

For me it looks like the problem is the RSS reader. And the issue only occurs if the screen is locked and the device is offline and the RSS tries to update. In my setting the RSS reader only updates every 4 hours - so offline and locking has to be active for at least 4 hours to show this effect.

So I deactivated the auto update of the RSS reader and everything works well.

The Following User Says Thank You to emesem For This Useful Post:
Interesting.
And this is clearly a case where the fix (in the RSS widget/reader) should be provided as an upgrade of the RSS widget/reader, and not as part of some future "firmware" upgrade. As been discussed in another earlier thread.