Notices

Poll: Have you had this issue ?
Poll Options
Have you had this issue ?

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
When this happen! Just basically open up the battery cover and take out the battery and let the process died slowly and put it back in.. Voila back and running as usual.

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
It only happens to me when I change themes , doesn't matter if its alpha/beta or 3rd party developed

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

Do you have kernel-power installed?
I had similar issues so i swap to stock one.

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
nope and I flashed eMMC too, so its a bug

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

The Following User Says Thank You to HellFlyer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
hildon-home locking up and becoming unresponsive frequently in PR1.2
That ONLY happens when you run a faulty widget.
Start removing widgets from your home screens one by one and see which one is responsible.

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Sydney AU
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
When this happen! Just basically open up the battery cover and take out the battery and let the process died slowly and put it back in.. Voila back and running as usual.
True, that works well but I then have to re-clock it which gets a bit annoying.

And Venemo, I think you're right. This only started happening after I went into a bit of a downloading frenzy a couple of days ago and activated a bunch of widgets. So now the process of elimination begins...

Originally Posted by sparkle58 View Post
True, that works well but I then have to re-clock it which gets a bit annoying.

And Venemo, I think you're right. This only started happening after I went into a bit of a downloading frenzy a couple of days ago and activated a bunch of widgets. So now the process of elimination begins...
Sure... but still, the thread title is misleading, it has nothing to do with PR 1.2, nor hildon-home.

You installed a nasty widget which kills kittens.

If I were you, I would simply close all widgets on the desktop, reboot, and then I would start adding them one by one. If the issue appears, I'll know which one caused it.

Probable one of the widgets from extras-devel, or -testing, in which case the author(s) of the stuff are members on this forum and appreciate your feedback greatly.

(If it happens with a built-in widget, file a bug report to http://bugs.maemo.org and prepare to receive some vague explanation about why won't it be fixed. In this case, you'll have to look for an alternative.)

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Sydney AU
Originally Posted by Venemo View Post
Sure... but still, the thread title is misleading, it has nothing to do with PR 1.2, nor hildon-home.

You installed a nasty widget which kills kittens.

If I were you, I would simply close all widgets on the desktop, reboot, and then I would start adding them one by one. If the issue appears, I'll know which one caused it.

(If it happens with a built-in widget, file a bug report to http://bugs.maemo.org and prepare to receive some vague explanation about why won't it be fixed. In this case, you'll have to look for an alternative.)
Yeah I concede this thread has been misdirected, apologies! But as I'm here already let me conclude what I found out

I closed ALL widgets down, then opened the app I suspected of giving me grief which was the FM radio. It's been unstable since I updated to PR 1.2 so checking Conkey showed an immediate increase in cpu usage with pulse audio hovering consistantly around 25%.

I'll file a report for it, thanks for the advice.

Originally Posted by sparkle58 View Post
Yeah I concede this thread has been misdirected, apologies! But as I'm here already let me conclude what I found out

I closed ALL widgets down, then opened the app I suspected of giving me grief which was the FM radio. It's been unstable since I updated to PR 1.2 so checking Conkey showed an immediate increase in cpu usage with pulse audio hovering consistantly around 25%.

I'll file a report for it, thanks for the advice.
Interesting. The FM radio is in no way related to hildon-home.

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Michigan, USA
Since this was originally my thread.....

I think it's a widget bug too, I'm currently working on figuring out which one it is. I've got them all disabled and I haven't had an issue yet, OTOH, everything had been fine for the last 2 days until tonight..I'm going to see how it goes and re-enable one by one to eliminate them and figure it out.

Though, this is in at least some way related to PR1.2, because I've used the same widgets before I reflashed to PR1.2 and NEVER had the problem. Granted, the widget dev will need to fix it, but the point still stands, even if it is moot.