Can I flash the 059L711 from telenor no to north europe 059J1Z8 pr1.3? I really dont understand that variant thing.

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Zürich
I believe it is very important to point out that the flasher is not working (Suitable USB Interface not found) on Windows 7 64bit.

Please remark the prerequisites in this guide to assist other users.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by theking2 View Post
I believe it is very important to point out that the flasher is not working (Suitable USB Interface not found) on Windows 7 64bit.

Please remark the prerequisites in this guide to assist other users.
that's total and utter nonsense...did you try it out??? i've been flashing since pr1.0 till date and it works...don't spread disinformation unless you are very sure of things...

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Switzerland/Zurich
Hi, this may be a silly question, but I've been mentally preparing myself for flashing pr 1.3 since OTA update did not show up for my variant yet, and here's the thing. I've read that one should consider "clean flash" as a good start for pr 1.3 - would that be something like "Comprehensive reset " procedure as described in the first post? On the other hand, will flashing just the .bin file be any worse in terms of performance - I understand it will wipe e.g. faster N9 that I have installed anyway. so is there any benefit to do a "clean flash"?

What's the command to just flash a dual boot kernel?

A bit off topic but has relevance for flashing: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...46#post1235946

Maybe someone has the same issue?

Hello,

Just a query, the phone locked up after some issues with the Nokia Drive software, it crashed (after a very hard day, just went blank) and then rebooted and now is stuck on the Nokia screen so i would class it as "bricked".

If i do a flash of just the OS, would i loose my contacts/sms also? I'm not so bothered about settings or applications i do have a backup at work, but its not recent.

if it would, is there a way to "backup" in the state its in or am i doomed?

regards,

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Manchester, UK
Originally Posted by min0me View Post
If i do a flash of just the OS, would i loose my contacts/sms also? I'm not so bothered about settings or applications i do have a backup at work, but its not recent.
Flashing just the OS with the file ending OEM1-958_ARM.bin will leave your personal data intact. That includes SMS, contacts, photos, music etc.

The Following User Says Thank You to jpfsn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jpfsn View Post
Flashing just the OS with the file ending OEM1-958_ARM.bin will leave your personal data intact. That includes SMS, contacts, photos, music etc.
Thank you, i can comfirm that it left my contacts/sms in tact and saved some of my settings and all my other content

Posts: 202 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ France 55
where can i find the last pr 1.3 ?
I don't have it in navifirm...and my n9 is in reboot loop with pr 1.3 on it.
First post talk about a image of the Pr.3 , so where can i find it ? can somebody send it to my mail ?

Last edited by turbovomit; 2012-07-13 at 15:34.

Tags
flashing, nokia n9