Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by zimon View Post
I found out that after taking a Mugen battery off and then inserting it and booting seems to fix the battery level indicator. But then rebooting again without removing the battery, makes the level indicators "broken" again.
I think the N900 recalibrates the battery sensors on boot - presumably the settings are specific to the standard battery.

Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
Maybe someone with one of these batteries should file a bug in https://bugs.maemo.org/. Probably too late for PR1.2 though.
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=9789

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zimon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by shadowjk View Post
I measured the Battery Size Indicator pin with a dmm, and comparing it with BL-5C, BP-4L and BL-5J does make it look like it's properly reporting the bigger capacity.
So you measured resistance between what and what pins?
What is the formula to convert the resistance then to capacity of the battery, do you know?

Between GND and the third (unmarked) pin. I don't know the formula.

EDIT:

Seems like there's a design flaw in the mugen battery. The resistance on BSI-GND varies according to battery temperature. Thus the reported design capacity varies depending on how warm the battery is.

Edit:

Sent an email to mugen about it..

Last edited by shadowjk; 2010-04-02 at 14:23.

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
i just get 1 more bl-5j battery and an external charger.

that way, plugging my n900 on a wall charger is minimal, and i dont have to wait for 2 hours before can use my n900 if charging

Originally Posted by gabby131 View Post
i just get 1 more bl-5j battery and an external charger.

that way, plugging my n900 on a wall charger is minimal, and i dont have to wait for 2 hours before can use my n900 if charging
Well you can use your N900 while charging as long as you've got a sufficiently long cable You don't need to charge it full once you start charging either, you can interrupt and resume the charging whenever you want.

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by shadowjk View Post
Well you can use your N900 while charging as long as you've got a sufficiently long cable You don't need to charge it full once you start charging either, you can interrupt and resume the charging whenever you want.
that's right! and you dont have to turn your phone off

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
I thought Mugen is powering HONDA Vtech Engine
You're mistaken, they tune and power anything that's Honda

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Czech Republic
1st charge: 2,5 days of battery life (many hours of web surfing)
2nd charge: 6 days of battery life (every day use - some web surfing, checking for updates, pim/agenda)

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
FYI I've hacked my Mugen back cover with white sticky tape (where there should be the white spot that signals the lens cover is open) and a piece of a fridge magnet in the place of the original cover magnet. It wasn't difficult, the only point is to find a magnet powerful enough.

Mugen says they'll send two working covers when they are ready; in the meantime, my hacked one works

The Following User Says Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post: