Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
Ouch, only noticed this today. Could be related to facebook chat solution but already reinstalled the original version telepathy-gabble :|

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
@weaselyguy why folder owned by root?? do remove it. and create it from user.

$ ls -la /home/user/.status-menu
total 12
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Sep 6 20:46 .
drwxrwxrwx 74 user users 4096 Sep 10 08:23 ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 259 Sep 6 20:46 items-order.conf
~ $
When not root permission i get this. Does this mean the items-order.conf is owned by root? Or the /.status-menu?

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
you should remove this folder. and create new as user. settings will create conf then.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
It appears that i only have /home/user/.status-menu created under my root file system, not under user. Working on changing that.

tried to remove, under root command it reports no file or dir exists, under user it reports file exists,
when i set my filebox to show root files i see .status-menu
when i set it to only show hidden and not root, i cant find .status-menu
i guess im a little confused now.

update - i did it, i removed and created under user. thank-you for your patience - another thing i like about my n9 - the community support.

Last edited by weaselyguy; 2013-09-10 at 09:07.

Posts: 443 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Grenoble, France
Coderus, just a remark. In the header of the thread, could you just indicate the date of the latest changes?

Thanks

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Just an update about hangs: found a more conrete situation. Used grob with wifi. Locked the screen. Then checked whether the wifi is on. Clicked the status area. Hang. Wifi becomes off and status menu unhangs

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Posts: 79 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Brisbane, AU
I'm seeing an issue with system-ui-avialability. It is setting `auto-connect' on all of my telepathy accounts to `off'.

It is happens after every boot, and occasionally after a network switch (gprs -> wlan).

On a side note, it might pay to fix the typo in the name of this extension... it took me a little while to find it because I was searching for "availability".

Posts: 335 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Trento, Italy
Hi there, I have a problem with tools... It used to work flawlessy in normal mode, but after a full reflash (firmware + emmc and then ubiboot, so i'm in open mode) I can't use them. System-ui tools seem to be installed but they don't appear. Other functions (led notifications, status bar) are working well except menu extensions in the settings menu. Any ideas? Btw, after EVERY installation all apps crash but this is related to open mode, maybe due to this I'm missing some packages or dependancies? Thanks in advance!