Major *** improvements:

Skype/Msn/Aim Intergration thanks to the protocols added from the repos you dont need a IM app its already built in.
Well yeah that basicly can you please Add some grouping method to when you see the contacts, cos everyones names in msn have all that crap in it and everyone on my IM acounts show up when i want to find a phone contact.
Can you please seperate them ?

So go to contacts, then select group and then have the contacts from that Acount or service ?
And then add a telephone numbers that are stored locally group as well so you can switch between them easily.
Instead of loosing your mind because you have 18 sams in the damm contacts and one of them has a phone number and the rest are from msn.

Another thing why not just add a voicemail app so its stored directly on the device rather then going to the networks voicemail.
There was a app like that for s60 v3 and plus if you cant reach someone because you have no credit your sure as hell not going to get to the voicemail.

And what would be funny to add in my opinion is a voice settings where you can change the pitch and tone that the other person hears on the other end.
So all heliumy or satan !
Although a 3rd party app can do this im guessing, but still will be pretty nice .

if i look at my usage then i like that i get the call log immediately, thats the way i work, i almost always call from the call log because there are about 10 persons who i call and who call me the most.
If that is not the case then i will just start typing the name on the desktop or phone/contacts app.

So i dont want another interface between the call log when i start the phone app so that i have to do 1 extra click. On my E90 i also work exactly like that, when pressing the call button you i did get the call log.

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Saudi Arabia
The "Silent" profile should sort of disable the audio function rather than just the ringing function, currently when you're in the "Silent" mode if you play any video/audio file, or if you open a web page that has background music everyone in the meeting room will look at you (this is what happened with me actually)

so I believe it would be better if the Silent mode just disables the audio output function rather than the ringing tone function only

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Barbados/London
this is my one idea(its in brainstorm please vote)

Call Rejector
a simple call rejector application which rejects calls listed by the user.
1. allow list - when active only calls from the listed numbers will be allowed.
2. reject list - all calls are allowed EXCEPT the ones listed in "reject list"
3. auto reject unknown numbers - numbers not stored in the users contacts are auto rejected. (option to turn this feature off)
4. private numbers - private numbers are auto rejected (option to turn this feature off)

the application will be similar/a replica of HandyBlacklist for the S60 platform.

Future Improvements - SMS/MMS rejection following the same examples/options as above.

Im not a developer but would be keen on going through the process to help with develpment.

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by Kwljunky View Post
Major *** improvements:

Well yeah that basicly can you please Add some grouping method to when you see the contacts, cos everyones names in msn have all that crap in it and everyone on my IM acounts show up when i want to find a phone contact.
Can you please seperate them ?

So go to contacts, then select group and then have the contacts from that Acount or service ?
And then add a telephone numbers that are stored locally group as well so you can switch between them easily.
Instead of loosing your mind because you have 18 sams in the damm contacts and one of them has a phone number and the rest are from msn.
I'm still waiting for a phone that can handle contacts as well as my Palm PDA did TEN YEARS AGO!!

Come on, we all organize things by groups, folders, lists, whatever, yet you don't give us the capability on the N900. This is one big shortcoming on the iphone as well. I thought the n900 would be better than the iphone. Do something that people want, something you can be better at. Please give the n900 grouping! ASAP!!

Last edited by uncleboarder; 2010-03-07 at 16:14.

Solution 51
http://maemo.org/midcom-permalink-44...6a86799df99df/
Posted on 2010-03-23 11:36 UTC by Pelau Vadim.

The phone app should be closed automatically after ending a call and manually locking the screen.

I'm always disturbed that after ending a call I have to squeze my finger to close the phone app. The option to automatically close it by manually locking the phone (as long as no conversation is in place) should be possible.

If someone locks their phone after ending a call, they obviously do not intend using the phone app again in the near future.
What do you think?

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
There are some great ideas flying around here, but has anyone turned their attention to the responsiveness of the Phone app when running other applications?

In my experience, if I have a lot going on in the device (YouTube, other browser pages, e-mail) if a phone call comes through I might as well disconnect the battery immediately, as the device is bound to just jam.

Sometimes the phone app isn't quite as bad, but might be sluggish, even though there's nothing goin on at the same time! The screen might simply turn black so I know something's coming, but it might remain black for a long time. It's really the same with SMS and E-Mail as well, with E-mail working perhaps the best.

The problem with my experiences is this, however: I can't recognize any patterns for the problems occurring for me to file a bug report or suggest a solution. The problems seem really random and very often just unexplainable.

Some bug reports come close to defining some of this ambiguity, for example the volume problem during calls or the screen being locked even though the light is on. But a large part of this behaviour, at least to me, seems unexplained.

How about we all reflect also on this kind of experiences of sluggishness or un-responsiveness as we think of new features for the Contacts app etc. ? Anyone got similar problems?

The Following User Says Thank You to cjp For This Useful Post:
I had an occasion where I had just started to play back a movie in MediaPlayer, when a call came in. The video stuttered a lot and the device was pretty unresponsive but I got no notification that there was an inbound call. However, I did get notified that there was a missed call afterwards.

This outcome could have been worse - actually taking the call without the spare processing grunt to handle it well would have been a bad experience. It does seem though that better resource management wouldn't go amiss.
Agro ... : |#---------] Relic(s) : N900, MacBookPro, NSLU2, N800, SheevaPlug, Eee-901, Core2-Quad, PS3
"In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they're not."
--
Beware of extras-devel.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leeds UK
I would like the ability to have separate address books.

I started writing an app for ldap contacts, I got ldap working fine but I need the contacts imported from ldap in a separate group as my ldap doesn't contain some fields (skype etc) but I want it to update and delete fields and some of my contacts are in ldap and on my phone contacts with skype/gmail fields - I don't want to update my phone and lose those fields.
(obviously the same happens with sync-evolution, so I have had to turn off contacts for merging)

So I it would be nice to have a "google address book" "ldap address book" and a "local address book".
Obviously some contacts could appear three or more times but that would be preferable to not being able to use the address books.

At the moment I am thinking of having a separate application that mimics the contacts functionality, but the db is completely separate.
Not nice!

Or am I being daft and missing something obvious?

Hi,
I would like the dialing pad to stay active after I press "call". So many phone calls are to automatic answering devices that need extra input.
For example, I call my voicemail and have to add in new information (1 for new messages, 2 for old messages, 3 for delete, etc') or call my municipal parking and have to dial 1 for area A 2 for area B etc.
What happens now is that as soon as I press call the dialing pad dissapears, the phone starts rotating on me and sometimes by the time I find the dialing pad button and open it starts rotating in all sorts of directions GRRRR or goes black on me?
Why not leave the dialing pad open, or have such an option?