Posts: 121 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Durham, UK
Hi,

Got a weird problem with the status on SMS messages. Not always but most of the time the status gets stuck on "Sending". If I close the current message conversation and the main messages app and open it again (sometimes several times) The status updates to the send time and then to "Delivered".

The message has always send successfully so it is very definitely the status that is wrong. The weird and annoying thing is it won't receive any message in the conversation until the status has corrected itself. I've done several tests to confirm this.

It's almost like the SMS database gets locked until the status is recorded as sent.

I have deleted all the messages and rebooted the phone but it hasn't fixed the problem.

Has anyone else seen this issue or have any idea how to diagnose or fix it?

Thanks,

Gabriel

The Following User Says Thank You to gabrielharrison For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by gabrielharrison View Post
Hi,

Got a weird problem with the status on SMS messages. Not always but most of the time the status gets stuck on "Sending". If I close the current message conversation and the main messages app and open it again (sometimes several times) The status updates to the send time and then to "Delivered".

The message has always send successfully so it is very definitely the status that is wrong. The weird and annoying thing is it won't receive any message in the conversation until the status has corrected itself. I've done several tests to confirm this.

It's almost like the SMS database gets locked until the status is recorded as sent.

I have deleted all the messages and rebooted the phone but it hasn't fixed the problem.

Has anyone else seen this issue or have any idea how to diagnose or fix it?

Thanks,

Gabriel
Yes, I see it happening every so often as well. Like in your case, the message does get sent but the messaging UI doesn't reflect that. I also see message received popup notifications long before the messages appear in the UI.

You may be running into the performance limit for the messages table, which I believe is the the low thousands of entries! (2000 texts should be enough for anyone! )

Resetting the tracker database would probably fix such a problem at least temporarily, but at the expense of deleting all one's contacts, messages, etc.

If you want to dig a little, you can use tracker-sparql to query the SMS table. Check out these threads for some more info:

https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=88980
https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=83091
https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=87724

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Thanks, I'll try regenerating and report back.

Hi,

A quick update. I've tried deleting all my messages then using SMSBackup to restore only the last months messages.

Not fixed but is a little better. I may bite the bullet and do a delete with no restore....

Finally decided to delete all messages and do a tracker hard reset. Looking good do far!