Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Great prices. I take two.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 1,161 | Thanked: 1,707 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
I was going for the Note 10.1, but then found a stylus with pressure sensitivity made for the iPad and went for the iPad 3 because of the stylus and mostly for the better app range.
Thought about the Samsung Ativ smart pc but that got to expensive here in Denmark and I wasn't sure that the pressure sensitivity would work with Mypaint. If not I'd to wait around for some drivers to arise and then the no. 1 reason to by a tablet would be gone (mostly bought it to draw on).
I'm really satisfied with the IPad 3 for the purpose I bought it. The tablet + stylus is working really well and the pens sdk is implemented in many top drawing apps and works very good. The iPad 3 itself is very smooth and has some nice multi touch gestures to navigate around the UI to make it easier to close or change through open apps. Takes the load of the home button too.
All in all it does what I want it to do and very good indeed

Dousan...

My Søciety6:
http://society6.com/Dousan

Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Alright, I've just gotta ask: what do you do with a tablet? I honestly don't understand. Other than the idea of carrying around a little TV in your hand, I'm not sure what the fascination is with them. If you want to play games on the go, a PSP-like device that you can actually grip with your hands while playing would seem much better. If you just want to handle e-mail or browse the web, you've still gotta either hold it in one hand while pecking at it with your finger, or lay it flat on a nearby surface and try to use a virtual on-screen keyboard. And doing any real work on it seems totally impossible. (Unless, of course, you add an external keyboard, at which point you've just made it into a normal laptop.)

So, from what I see, that pretty much just leaves option #1; you mostly just sit and stare at the thing. What do you folks actually do with these things? Do you really feel that you've gotten your money's worth spending your time with them?
Well I don't actually have a tablet (except for the NIT kind of course), but my imagined use case is for taking hand written notes in meetings, while also audio recording the meeting (I think OneNote is supposed to have a feature that will fast forward to a section of audio if you click on what you were writing at the time, which seems really useful to me).

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by PMaff View Post
I never thought about making the Nexus 7 portable but maybe I will take a look into having N900 giving tethering to the Nexus, which is an overkill somehow.
Good luck with that. Android doesn't support Adhoc networking so most of the traditional hotspot apps on Nokia handsets like Joikuspot on both Symbian and Maemo/Meego do not work.

It's the one thing that really pees me off with my Nexus 7, otherwise I'd say it's a bargain of a tablet. Android 4.x is passable.

I hope someone ports Mer to the Nexus 7 as it's pretty good and just needs a better OS.