Posts: 345 | Thanked: 467 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Germany
Hi,

while doing the zeemote interface stuff i also did some simple sdl demo. I did it the ugly way with fullscreen refreshs etc. On the current devices this performs as bad as expected and the refresh rate is too low for acceptable smooth graphics (but ok for a demo).

Now for the interesting part: The zeemote parts also compile under fremantle and i can run them on the beagleboard. The demo runs fluid there. So we can probably expect a nice game performance on the next gen devices.

MoG

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Master of Gizmo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Are you talking about zeesteroids? The application installs and boots, yes. Apart from that I can't provide more feedback since I don't have a Zeemote...

Still, where can I file a bug? Installing zeesteroids has brought libzeemote-conf to the list of apps visible to end users in the Application Manager.

The Following User Says Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
Are you talking about zeesteroids? The application installs and boots, yes. Apart from that I can't provide more feedback since I don't have a Zeemote...
Yes, i am talking about zeesteroids. Nokia sells some of their phones bundled with a zeemote. So you should easily find one ...

Originally Posted by qgil View Post
Still, where can I file a bug? Installing zeesteroids has brought libzeemote-conf to the list of apps visible to end users in the Application Manager.
Do you consider that a bug? I can just hide it with the next update by moving it away from the user/games section. The problem is, that ordinary users won't get updates for it then as updates for stuff not showing up in the app manager also don't show up.

Originally Posted by Master of Gizmo View Post
Yes, i am talking about zeesteroids. Nokia sells some of their phones bundled with a zeemote. So you should easily find one ...
They don't sell them in many countries, and even where they do sell them the bundle can be very restricted.

For example in Finland you can only get a Zeemote bundled with an N96 from Nokia's own website.

I don't really understand why they can't be sold separately...

Originally Posted by krisse View Post
They don't sell them in many countries, and even where they do sell them the bundle can be very restricted.
I got mine from ebay without much search required.

Also i was specifically addressing quim who might be able to go to the source of the devices they sell bundled.

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Originally Posted by Master of Gizmo View Post
Also i was specifically addressing quim who might be able to go to the source of the devices they sell bundled.
eBay might be easier... But I doubt I will convince my manager to buy a joystick 'for my work'.

My first round asking for 'Zeemote' around in Maemo SW / Helsinki was not very successful and now thanks to Krisse I know why.