Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Dubai
FYI, the repositories are working fine, I received an update notification yesterday without even looking for it.

Great update! I wanted that for so long

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Yappari 1.1.46:

* Forward implemented (long pressing messages and selecting the option). You can forward text messages, voice messages and multimedia messages.
* Added option to open images in browser (so you can know where it is).
* Last folder used to select profile picture is now remembered.
* Shift-Enter via physical keyboard adds a new line.
* Retry button for failed uploads and downloads.
* Bumped maximum size of media to 16 MB

Will hit the repositories in like an hour. I'll add direct DEB links in the frontpage in like half an hour.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 863 | Thanked: 213 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Goa
thank you very muchh scorpiouss thank you very muchhh

For consideration in next updates.

1. (not big deal) Put all "buttons" in same order, i mean send multimedia is in different place in groups and personal chat.

2. (if it possible to do it) Youtube links have an option to "open with" different "app" example cutetube. This maybe can apply for others multimedia as you just did with image and browser.

Question: why some audio (not sure if this just do it with voice message) plays without opens in media player? I mean some audio open in the chat itself (very cool, personal opinion), others open on media player, has something to do with the size of the file? Or?

Just ideas.

Greetings.

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ United Arab Emirates, Dubai
thanks very very much for your updates but can you please the photo size issue i mean can it be sent without resizing it like a normal whatsup

thanks

Originally Posted by s4br0s0 View Post
For consideration in next updates.

1. (not big deal) Put all "buttons" in same order, i mean send multimedia is in different place in groups and personal chat.

2. (if it possible to do it) Youtube links have an option to "open with" different "app" example cutetube. This maybe can apply for others multimedia as you just did with image and browser.

Question: why some audio (not sure if this just do it with voice message) plays without opens in media player? I mean some audio open in the chat itself (very cool, personal opinion), others open on media player, has something to do with the size of the file? Or?

Just ideas.

Greetings.
1.- Buttons are in different locations because there are some hidden, and I think it's kinda impossible to have the same order because they are different buttons. Send Multimedia is in a different position because in the Group chat the button "View Contact" doesn't apply and it is hidden (but it's there, it's just a coding trick). As you can imagine both windows are exactly the same but with some menu buttons hidden depending which one it is.

2.- This is not possible in Maemo. I've seen it in iOS (iPhone/iPad).

About the audio question, I coded my own player in Yappari when I implemented the voice messages because the user experience was TERRIBLE when you had to play every voice message in the media player.

Last edited by Scorpius; 2014-04-01 at 20:15.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 196 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Please don't forget the photo size issue it is not yet fixed and the update is great thanks alot

Originally Posted by salahkhani View Post
Please don't forget the photo size issue it is not yet fixed and the update is great thanks alot
What photo size issue are you talking about?

when i take a picture from n900 and trying to send it via yappari it is not sending unless i edit the photo and reduce the size to 75% then send it again and it sends but original 100 % is not sending

it says that it may take several minutes and nothing happen

Originally Posted by salahkhani View Post
when i take a picture from n900 and trying to send it via yappari it is not sending unless i edit the photo and reduce the size to 75% then send it again and it sends but original 100 % is not sending

it says that it may take several minutes and nothing happen
Nobody else has that problem, just you. I can send 16 MB pictures in a couple of seconds at the first try, so it must be something with your connection.

It's not a Yappari issue.

EDIT: Also be sure to take pictures using the stock N900 camera application and nothing else because WhatsApp might not recognize them as valid image files. When you resize them you are then converting them to valid image files, and WhatsApp accepts them. Are you sure this is not the problem?

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp