Active Topics

Notices

The N900 is starting to come some way now with apps in the pipeline for creating beautiful images in HDR etc, but haven't seen any apps for having fun with some photos.
Yes you guessed it, facewarp! Found it quite an amusing program once in a while on my C902, but wasn't all "that"

Now for you slightly older generation of computer users, who remembers Kai's power goo? Now having something like that would be amazing on the N900. Does anyone feel they could create such an app? Is it possible?

One other thing thats entered my mind is..... How about clipart templates / objects, like preset backgrounds, stupid cartoon hair, faces from animals, toys etc or distortion effects like on laptop webcam softwares, such as snow, bubbles, stretched faces etc etc.

What do people think, good app(s) to have?
Would anyone like to attempt to create such an app?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to james174 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
+1 for an app like this on my N900 - or even just for basic photo editing

Posts: 164 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bucks, UK
Would love an app for this

Does anyone know of such software that could be ported?
Saves building it from the ground up for whoever decides to give it a go.

To the devs, i spent some time looking for any software / tools that would help in developing such a prog and I came accross this it says for digital image warp and morph. So if anyone is attempting to make a photo morphing app, I hope this helps.

I'd like something similar, let's say, to Mac PhotooBooth.
So, my +1.
Thanks.

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Tricase, Lecce (ITA)
me too. i will buy if it creates
+1

Posts: 295 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Manchester, UK
I recently contacted Befunky.com about this.

This was their response:

Hi Nathan,Thanks a lot for your interest in BeFunky. Currently we don't have a plan for other mobile platforms, at least in the near future.I'll keep your email so if we decide to do this one day you can be our firstbeta tester. Thanks,Baris / BeFunky Team

You're best chance of getting something ported is finding a light weight app in the Ubuntu repositories. With a few exceptions, it should already be GTK and the distribution would already be debian. Those two features make the barrier to entry much lower. So, if you guys are serious, that's a good place to start.

The Following User Says Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
theres a nice looking image editor in extras-devel called Ansel-A
its not finished yet but maybe the app designer could port some 'fun' functions into it in the future