Poll: are buying the nokia n9
Poll Options
are buying the nokia n9

I asked myself: do I really want a portrait-oriented phone that runs a relatively open GNU/Linux core but a completely closed swipe-y "UX", has been declared dead by the manufacturer before its release and isn't even officially available where I live?

It was mostly an impulse thing, but I pulled the trigger. Although it's no replacement for my N810, my new Prē 3 turned out to be much better than I expected and a great companion to it. And at least it has a physical keyboard, and was priced very reasonably for what it is.

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Buy? Yes. Bloody awesome? To be seen.

I will carry it like a missionary tool to convert some iPhone 4S and Androids (especially the vulnerable ones that use their device as a phone)

On the other hand I make myself no illusions that going back to the N900 after a couple of weeks N9 will feel as a true relief.

Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
don't forget that meego is far away from dead, and it will still be the main os for intel devices, so apps will always be coming
Did I miss something? How will MeeGo (which is totally ****ed since Tizen announcement) affect ANYTHING with the Maemo6 system found on the N9?

Personally Im enjoying my N9 much more than my SGS2. Or my N900. Or N8. But the last isnt a real shocker to anyone.