Active Topics

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I see a circular argument above lets just say it this way, a lack of options is a bad thing.

And for all intents and purposes, it seems like Microsoft is trying to remove options so they finally become an option.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
ok, just sying. Survival of the fittest, plitical factors included.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Survival of the fittest...
Computers, gadgets and hardware has ever hardly ever been about the survival of the fittest. The most mediocre products have enjoyed long runs - like Microsoft Windows for instance.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
^ Yup. This.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
So they are smarter than everyone else...Survival of the fittest, not always the best from a technical point of view or from your point of view, but still the best when it comes out outcome.

So they are smarter than everyone else...Survival of the fittest.
Ahh, this theory where the pains of an individual are irrelevant, as long as the species survives..

So they are smarter than everyone else...Survival of the fittest, not always the best from a technical point of view or from your point of view, but still the best when it comes out outcome.
By that statement of "who's the smartest"... think about it this way. Trolls would all be gone if it were about the survival of the fittest.

That's a very weak mentality that deserves to be out of any gene pool.

Now... back to the case in point. Windows got popular for a multitude of reasons, but mostly the fact they knew they were being pirated and didn't try to stop it until after they had a good hold into the market, via back door deals with manufacturers and having Intel help strongarm folks.

Survival of the fittest does not apply to the aforesaid gadgets, operating systems and cellphones.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
By that statement of "who's the smartest"... think about it this way. Trolls would all be gone if it were about the survival of the fittest.

That's a very weak mentality that deserves to be out of any gene pool.

Now... back to the case in point. Windows got popular for a multitude of reasons, but mostly the fact they knew they were being pirated and didn't try to stop it until after they had a good hold into the market, via back door deals with manufacturers and having Intel help strongarm folks.

Survival of the fittest does not apply to the aforesaid gadgets, operating systems and cellphones.
Ok, agree. So Microsoft used luck and natural selection.

Why do I not see 'Thanks ' button in this thread? Other threads work fine.
Motorola M3688 → Ericsson R320 → Siemens S40 → Motorola V60c → Palm Treo 650 → Blackberry 9000 → Nokia N900 → HP Pre 3 → Nokia N900 → Nokia N9 → Nokia N900 → Nokia 808 → Blackberry Z10 → Blackberry Passport

Only dead fish swim with the stream.

Originally Posted by The Wizard of Huz View Post
Why do I not see 'Thanks ' button in this thread? Other threads work fine.
No thanks button in off topic area.

Tags
downward_spiral, fu_flop, memories