Notices

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Toronto, Ontario
Originally Posted by Mockatron View Post
I've based the ui off alias sketchbook and colors (nintendo ds and iphone). simple clean and practical. Let me know...
Sketchbook's UI would be perfect for MyPaint. It makes the most sense, since Sketchbook was made to be used with a drawing tablet.

Going to play with mypaint on the device for a bit. Figure out the functionalities available on it. Will refine my ui spec accordingly. then Ill post the doc. probably after the holidays.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mockatron For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
@anders_gud

Do you have any plans to update your hildonizations to 0.5.1, the new latest upstream release?
I've done a sketchy (pun not intended, honestly) port of your hildonizing to 0.5.1 from 0.5.0 (and some packaging changes) but I would love to see an "official" build. Anyway, I've placed source packages (no deb) of 0.5.1 with your hildonizations (and some packaging changes) here:

http://qwerty12.maemobox.org/mypaint/

Thanks qwerty12!
I lost my build environment a while ago and I haven't had the time to set it up again. It would be nice to transfer this project to garage some day...
Will have a look at your changes - I really appreciate if you all want to contribute. With the n900 (good camera, HW accelerated graphics and Fremantle) coming up I believe Mypaint will be a "killer app" :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to anders_gud For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I'm just in the process of learning all this myself (I'm trying to learn how to compile and package maemo apps), and an easy way to get a build environment set up quickly is to use the Maemo SDK VMware Appliance.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by anders_gud View Post
Thanks qwerty12!
I lost my build environment a while ago and I haven't had the time to set it up again. It would be nice to transfer this project to garage some day...
Will have a look at your changes - I really appreciate if you all want to contribute. With the n900 (good camera, HW accelerated graphics and Fremantle) coming up I believe Mypaint will be a "killer app" :-)
Ouch

My changes can be found in the diff.gz which means you'll have to fight your wy through lots of files produced by autoconf . Sorry, but I used quilt but it kept failing me when it tried to reverse the patches so I had to remove quilt. As for dpatch, I can't even get it to produce me a proper patch

My crappy closet server - generic 1.4 Ghz p4 dell does not support hw virtualization I'm afraid... Thanks anyway Also been busy teaching and putting together my printing press...
Would you like to help out with MyPaint?
What I think is needed (in no special order):
1. Some ui improvements. Ways to change brushes, size, colour without having to rely on keyshortcuts or window switching (ie. more finger friendly). Tool toggling...
2. Interaction with the built in camera.
3. A global pressure device settings dialog.
4. Option to choose fixed canvas sizes. Cropping.
5. Project page on garage. Inclusion in extras.
6. liqbase? for non hw accelerated legacy devices n700 n8xx.
and more...

My crappy closet server - generic 1.4 Ghz p4 dell does not support hw virtualization I'm afraid... Thanks anyway Also been busy teaching and putting together my printing press...
Would you like to help out with MyPaint?
What I think is needed (in no special order):
1. Some ui improvements. Ways to change brushes, size, colour without having to rely on keyshortcuts or window switching (ie. more finger friendly). Tool toggling...
2. Interaction with the built in camera.
3. A global pressure device settings dialog.
4. Option to choose fixed canvas sizes. Cropping.
5. Project page on garage. Inclusion in extras.
6. liqbase? for non hw accelerated legacy devices n700 n8xx.
and more...
I'm a terrible drawer and I'm not much of a programmer (only know bits to hildonize programs and package them) so most of those are out of my reach. But I would certainly like to help getting it into extras, I've uploaded into extras before and have autobuilder experience. The packaging changes I made should help e.g arm specific c*flags are only applied if we are building for arm so we don't have the extras autobuilder fail when producing a i386 package but still get optimised arm one, i made export python step occur automatically etc

Well, what are you waiting for go ahead! I would be immensely grateful I if you did fix this garage/autobuilder/extras thing, have pupnik look at it too if you are unsure about anything - he helped me out before.
btw - thanks for the ssh/router fix!
now im off to bed...

The Following User Says Thank You to anders_gud For This Useful Post:
btw - thanks for the ssh/router fix!
Hehe, someone else actually used it ? The new router my ISP provided me doesn't require it thankfully...

But anyway, 0.5.1 is in diablo* extras-devel!

I'll leave it there for a couple of weeks as it needs testing and it was done with slight modifications to your hildonizing patch so I wouldn't like my changes to be the cause of problems...

*After diablo one is tested successfully, I'll upload a chinook version. The reason I'm holding off on it now is that I'll have to obtain the version numbers of chinook libraries which could be fun... But I guess SDK repo will work for that

Last edited by qwerty12; 2008-12-14 at 09:58.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post: