Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by yablacky View Post
More details about device lock code and un/locking the device with SMSCON:
  • After explicitly changing the lock code of my N900, the device will lock without asking for lock code any more. This works even if "new" code is 12345 (which is default) as well. So, changing the lock code at least once is a good idea for all SMSCON users.
  • COM_UNLOCK or "unlock on new SIM" unlocks the phone without knowing the lock code. As a prerequisite SMSCON daemon must run and - for COM_UNLOCK - must be able to receive commands.
  • If the phone (re)boots in locked state, then the unlock code is been asked before the SIM-PIN is being asked for. The consequence is that SMS commands are NOT received by the phone while locked in boot phase! In my tests, the phone has not even WLAN access in this phase. Which means that checking the remote command server is also not possible.

Now being aware of the above it becomes more clear why SMSCON has a UNLOCK on new SIM function: It allows you to contact the phone again if the finder person stuck at reboot and is clever enough to replace the SIM.

And further it gave me ideas how to improve SMSCON functionality ...
The above is correct; just want to add:

We have added the "unlock on new SIM" function for the people that is paramount to them to recover the device and they don't care at all if their data and passwords are exposed to the people that have found the phone.

When the SIM is replaced it is clear that someone is trying to own your device. At this moment some people would like to continue searching for the phone and others would like to stop the new user finding their mails, passwords, account info, photos and all other personal information you might have in the device.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by nicholes View Post
i reset smscon (by pressing "reset" button)

i initialise smscon

i re-enter all the settings(email and other settings)

but still no luck

i tried to change the "mobile to contact" (master)

i also tried to add and delete IMSI

i rebooted my phone also

but my smscon sends sms and email (both) and does not recognize my SIM and think that i am a "THEIF".

note:-(i have checked only "Slider open")

for now i have disabled my smscon.
with the following order, as root
Code:
apt-get remove --purge smscon-editor
apt-get remove --purge smscon
then reinstall with HAM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
but my smscon sends sms and email (both) and does not recognize my SIM and think that i am a "THEIF".

note:-(i have checked only "Slider open")

I'm pretty sure that your SIM is recognized.

Provided the notifications you got are keyboard slider movement notifications, then there might be a little misunderstanding of functionality. Because SMSCON behaves as expected:

If keyboard slider detection is enabled then this event is reported. No further conditions apply. This does not mean that your phone thinks you are a thief. Same is true for battery status, command acknowledge notifications, etc.

Indeed the option-title "Slider Open" is not quite correct. In fact it is "Slider Movement" e.g. a notification is send on open as well as on close. For now we should fix the title.

We already discussed that this kind of keyboard usage reports are not very usable and we probably make some improvements in one of the next versions.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yablacky For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
with the following order, as root
Code:
apt-get remove --purge smscon-editor
apt-get remove --purge smscon
then reinstall with HAM.
i did same and put new passwrod and all the settings again. it was working well and it did not send any sms unless i test it..

but after 10 min i changed (master) mobile no and close it

and it behaves same again.

@yablacky

what do you mean by saying

Indeed the option-title "Slider Open" is not quite correct. In fact it is "Slider Movement" e.g. a notification is send on open as well as on close. For now we should fix the title.
(if i am right see image)

and you say
Provided the notifications you got are keyboard slider movement notifications, then there might be a little misunderstanding of functionality. Because SMSCON behaves as expected:

well i did not expect smscon sending sms unless we test it or change the SIM.Am i right??

anyways thanks for the reply and the hard work
Attached Images

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
i did same and put new passwrod and all the settings again. it was working well and it did not send any sms unless i test it..

but after 10 min i changed (master) mobile no and close it

and it behaves same again.

well i did not expect smscon sending sms unless we test it or change the SIM.Am i right??

anyways thanks for the reply and the hard work
Did you use the test function in the app?
If so did you remember to press "Tests Done"?

The Following User Says Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
Did you use the test function in the app?
If so did you remember to press "Tests Done"?
i did use test but in new GUI i did not find "test done" button!!! is there anything i am missing???

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
i did use test but in new GUI i did not find "test done" button!!! is there anything i am missing???
I am guessing if you don't press "Tests Done" it's still in test mode!

Edit: This is version 0.7-4 FYI
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
No, the recent version [0.9.*] knows when tests are done by itself. No need for the user to tell (and no chance to forget to tell...)

Last edited by yablacky; 2012-01-08 at 15:16.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yablacky For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
I am guessing if you don't press "Tests Done" it's still in test mode!
Yes, for versions that show a "Tests Done" button, this is true.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yablacky For This Useful Post:
No, sorry That's what I try to say: SMSCON may send SMS (or EMAIL) on all the events you enable. No matter if in test mode or not, no matter if SIM change detected or not.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yablacky For This Useful Post: