hi guys. was thinking of changing network providers. currently with three UK. got 20 some days left in my contract and since surfing online over 3G network is really a big big chunk of my use.i would like to know what people are having from other network providers. here's the 2 recent results i got from http://www.speedtest.net/. both tested with full reception bars.

by the look of it doesnt look really fast but it's not too bad based on my past experience. plz upload your results guys.
oh if you dont mind plz do tell your location plz. mine is Preston, north west of England. thx
Attached Images

Last edited by greatmanlxw; 2010-03-22 at 11:21.

Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
This is what I get from O2 when stood at the front door at home with a full 3.5G signal, Sheffield S14 postcode. Ironically if I don't stand in that exact spot at the right angle, I get no 3G signal at all as it seems the buildings perfectly block it.

Seems a pretty poor speed to me for so early in the morning, hardly anyone should be using it and in fact the low ping seems to indicate exactly that fact.

I don't get a good signal anywhere in the house for T-Mobile 3G never mind 3.5G, so I would have to test that later. I did try, but with 3 notches I can't even get the FLASH to load up for speedtest. I seem to recall it was not terrific even with full signal round here, obviously a lot of T-Mobile/Virgin customers.

I have used O2 and T-Mobile in the city centre (not all that recently, but I don't think anything has been upgraded recently either) which seemed to linger around the same download although peaking up to 1.5Mbit sometimes. Upload speed certainly was not that high in the city centre.

Unfortunately I believe Three are in fact the fastest for data, period. At least that is what it seems based on what I have read.

And here is my broadband to prove the N900 is capable of handling more speed as at first I thought perhaps flash was bottlenecking it.

Ignore the ping, its definitely not that high more like 30ms pinging bbc.

My Websites
CSD Projects - Flickr - UAE4Maemo (UAE4All Compatibility List)

Favourite N900 Applications
Picodrive - UAE4All

Please post your UAE4All compatibility reports. Even better, post them to my UAE4Maemo site!
Not sure how UAE4All works such as mouse emulation? Read the FAQ.

Last edited by Alex Atkin UK; 2010-03-22 at 06:10.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
ill test and post

i get a 3g.5 signal alot

the only time i bothered to do a test was on 3.5g vodafone and saw around 4.5mbs,was happy with that so didnt test again..

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Mboro - UK
fix the link in the first post. you've lined to .com not .net.

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ GERMANY
download 3.2mb/s, upload 1,44mb/s with o2 germany 3G

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ West London, UK
I got around 4.0Mb/s using 3.5G from in my office, but the antenna is nearby.

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
voda uk, se london 3.5g
upload 0.22mb
download 0.63mb........disgusting

Originally Posted by Keir View Post
fix the link in the first post. you've lined to .com not .net.
thx. the link's been fixed now.