Notices

So far my issues have cleared up with the syncing. My settings haven't "disappeared" ina day or so, so no report there..
Nokia n810 Diablo
(After many years of Palm and Windows PDAs)
"So Shut Up, Live, Travel, Adventure, Bless, And Don't Be Sorry." - Jack Kerouac

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 641 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Switzerland
Glad to hear that this version fixed some of the problems reported!

I still have one issue open with my5t3ry: we are working on it to fix that last problem, and if everything goes as planned, erminig 0.3.2 will be promoted to extras at the end of the week...

Version 0.3.2 of Erminig has been released to maemo-extras repository (it will be available within one hour)

This is again a bug-fix release, with some new features. Here is the Changelog:

- fix many errors related to "TypeError" (such as the one seen by combatdoc)
- configuration should not disappear by itself (completely rewritten configuration management code)
- various code fixes
- major code cleanup (we are almost at the end!)
- new option for command-line mode to always accept google events removal (--confirm-google-deletions)
- config file of Erminig is now backed-up by osso-backup

Known issues: recurrent event are still in bad shape: simple recurrent events, without any exceptions (i.e. holes in the recurrence) will work, but recurrent events with exceptions are still buggy.

About the future
-----------------

for the next release:

- Fix the recurring events
- even more code cleanup

maybe for the next release:
- Contacts sync (at the moment this is a work in progress, which looks very promising)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lorelei For This Useful Post:
A quick heads-up for the people using extras-devel: the latest version of python-gdata package uploaded today will *break* Erminig (there are some changes in the Google APIs that Erminig doesn't like). I'm in the process of going through the code to fix what is needed and I will then release a new package in extras-devel!

For the others not using extras-devel, please disregard this message

Edit:
A fix is available for those upgrading to python-gdata 1.1.1-0maemo and higher. The fix should hit extras-devel shortly.

Last edited by lorelei; 2008-08-25 at 21:15. Reason: fix in extras-devel

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lorelei For This Useful Post:
Version 3.0.3-3 of Erminig has been released to maemo-extras repository today.

First of all, please note that the version numbering has changed, and is now in line with the version numbers shown in the Apps Manager (I made a versioning mistake a few releases ago, and this error followed me until today). Now there is no more confusion possible (at least I hope).

This is mostly a bug-fix release:

- fixes many errors related to recurring events (I don't claim that everything is fixed, but the test cases I had now are OK)
- fixes crashes with events data parsing
- misc. bugs fixed
- progress bar is reset after each account processed (before it was stuck at 100% after the first account)
- stack traces after fatal (or mostly fatal) error are now reported in a gtk window instead of being dumped to the terminal. This will help greatly with debugging (you will be able to copy-paste the stack trace for debugging!), and also will remove the cases where Erminig hangs without giving any indication of why.

The future? As usual: bug fixes, more test-cases for recurring events and contact sync (on my todo list, first draft of the code is there...)

Last edited by lorelei; 2008-10-28 at 19:46. Reason: spelling...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lorelei For This Useful Post:
Posts: 259 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Halifax, NS
I posted a bug already... the GTK window does look better... but doesn't allow copy and paste of text because it's not editable. It won't bring up the keyboard.

I've tried syncing probably about 20 times so far, it gets a tiny bit farther each time, it seems but it's quite slow, because it starts from the beginning.

The Following User Says Thank You to BoxOfSnoo For This Useful Post:
BoxOfSnoo: thanks for the bug report. As far as the GTK window for the stack trace I will have to take a look at it: another user was able to copy-paste from it...

I will also look at your bug report concerning the gpe database being locked...

Originally Posted by BoxOfSnoo View Post
I posted a bug already... the GTK window does look better... but doesn't allow copy and paste of text because it's not editable. It won't bring up the keyboard.
Latest SVN version of Erminig allows to save the stack trace to a file, so no more need to copy-paste the trace.

I'm still at a loss about the problem of locked DB (unable to reproduce it )....have you tried to perform the sync with GPE-Calendar closed?

Posts: 259 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Halifax, NS
It was closed the whole time, also the summary app. I am running the daily builds though.

I've given up, though. Hope you get it running, but I'm going to use GPE for read-only calendars from now on though.

OK, I see. To be honest I'm running the stable version of GPE on my N800 and the latest from extras-devel in scratchbox, without running into the bug.

Unfortunately I won't be able to track/fix this issue without your help. If you could send me a complete stack trace from Erminig when it crashes, it could be great to pinpoint exactly the location of the error. If you are willing to do that, I can provide you with an updated package of Erminig, with the enhancement that allows one to save the stack trace to a file...