Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
I find no bad side on this phone, plus it suits everybody for all ages, I mean I am a teenager, I am not a pro like any of the community members here. I love this phone more than you can imagine, I would go haywire if something happens to it, I will never consider selling it when it's still in one piece. I think this is the most beautiful phone that I ever held, tried a Galaxy Nexus, iPhone, Samsung Galaxy Note and much more, nothing felt more comfortable than holding the N9.. Plus I don't care about the lack of apps, there are much, much more apps than I need, what I have is more than enough, and the main issue about the N9 is the tracker thing, can be solved within 5 minutes.

Nothing is impossible with this phone, ignore the problems that can be easily found, trust me, it's a great phone, good luck. :-)

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

Last edited by AMD; 2012-09-22 at 21:47.

N9 is an as* believe me don't buy it. Nokia abandonded this phone and most companies doesn't target their application to it

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
It's really great that Estell got a free N9 from being on the council; that allows him to trash the N9 here.

I would say that the N9 has no major problems and is a joy to use compared to the N900 (I own two of them).

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 59 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ / Puerto Rico/ Arecibo
...but we can beat any phone to the ground with the N9 it just does what they capture on the commercial set! Makes you go! I'm sure if you get it you won't get it cause of the history behind it to get this phone to an appreciative person for all of the work that was pounded into this jewel this rare ever so unifying feeling like its more than a dream or a simple concept its real these people make it happen for us than help us get connected! I Prefer this to anything avail today and yesterday , its about reality ! IM Just a regular I just sit back and READ A WHOLE LOT FOR ALL YOU THAT HATE O PEOPLE ASKING SO MUCH...QUIT HATIN ASK ALL THEY SHALL .. YOU DON'T C ITS LIKE A MICHAEL JACKSON THRILLER VIDEO HERE WE LIKE THIS PLACE WE STILL HERE WE HAVE A AWESOME COMMUNITY HERE IT FEELS ALIVE UNLIKE EVERYWHERE ELSE Get The N9 go Be Different Learn All You Can Take In This Place,,

Changed My Life ...I Have learned ALOT ALOT ALOT ALOT / but Just Basic Stuff Nothing More Then Again It Is A smart phone. In A Very Incredibly Cyan Toned Carved Forged and Chiseled POWER HOUSE

JUST LIKE The N810 AND THE N900 without the countless hours of Tinkering And Changing And reboot till Sunrise we Would Not Have Choices/ .. .

About eneitten usr XD

Operating System
Maemo4 (Penguin SMASHING windows lmbo]
Mobile Phone
it doesnt matter i still gotta wait to get a nokia what else...,,,,waiting..,,,,,,
Handhelds
15 months N810 all day everyyyyyy day thats it!!: g eek:

I got n900 and n9. I dont understand where you need support? There is enough apps for n9.

I think most of troubles n900 is fixed to n9.
I would still buy new n9 if this broke.

The Following User Says Thank You to kike For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Originally Posted by kike View Post
I got n900 and n9. I dont understand where you need support? There is enough apps for n9.

I think most of troubles n900 is fixed to n9.
I would still buy new n9 if this broke.
Probably me too, it's the only phone that has fit me perfectly.

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
It's really great that Estell got a free N9 from being on the council; that allows him to trash the N9 here.

I would say that the N9 has no major problems and is a joy to use compared to the N900 (I own two of them).
he didn't get a N9... he got himself a N950

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Graveyard
Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
the most dangerous thing from n9 is swipe, its too addictive !!!
Last week I went to a mobile showroom and took a Lumia 800 for a trial. LOL I kept swiping the screen from top to bottom many times though I knew it wont work Swipe is too addictive! Can't live with it

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ london
Okay I came from a n900 to a n9 and I love both of my devices... but recently I've come across a problem with my n9 it won't it won't connect to the internet using a mobile data connection, also if you drop it from waist high on a hard surface, the curved glass screen will smash regardless of using the cover, also even though it is gorilla glass it will still freaking get scratched, lastly the subpixle effect on the display is noticeable but I got use to it...

HOWEVER it is one of the best mobile smartphone experience ever, the ui is superb, its fast, fluid and intuitive its so simple it makes the iPhone ui look like a joke in regards to user interaction... fb chat is integrated, tweaking the device is easier to your needs, call quality is clear, two day battery life is awesome when compared to other smart phones, PMS is a life saver it ensures me that my phone will get to the end of the day...

The Following User Says Thank You to mohi2k7 For This Useful Post:
I figured I'd help out a fellow asking this question, since I own both an N900 and an N9.

I'll go with the N900 running CSSU thumb, as that is what I have, and it sounds like the original question was by someone who is a geek.

1) While I haven't used it for more than a day with my SIM back in it, the phone software no longer feels sluggish. My biggest problem before with the N900 was that the phone application wouldn't react to you selecting answer at random occasions, which meant you'd have to call the person back. I also think the UI (still) stinks, since the Reject and Accept buttons are so close together and big (too many times rejected a call instead of accepted it. Any tweaks that I missed?)

2) Speed is a LOT better with thumb as well! But it still has that nasty 256MB limit of Memory, which at this point is the ONLY downside to the N900 now (with the exception of the above about the phone UI, but that is a nitpick).

Onto the N9.

Everything is really snappy, until you start getting a lot of icons in your home screen, or feeds in the event screen. But FasterN9 fixes all that and it's almost like a whole new phone!

It is a better PHONE than the N900 was/is. But it also does have a lot of cool apps, and now that Easy Debian is for it as well, you have unlimited potential.

My main gripes about the N9 would be lack of hardware keyboard, which makes using computer emulators a nightmare, and even if you get a blue tooth keyboard, you can't use a mouse with it! or maybe that's a fault with mine (I bought a blue tooth keyboard / touchpad device that is really sweet, but the mouse part doesn't work yet with emumaster's amiga emulation).

Lack of hardware buttons. I really miss having a button for the camera.

Other than that, it is a really sweet device, and I'd recommend it over going Android or iOS or WPx. Especially since the map applications don't completely stink.

slaapliedje
I have figured out the reason 'smartphones' were invented. They are for reading the internet while pooping. This means the best smartphone ever created is the N9. It is the only one that works so well single-handed.

The Following User Says Thank You to slaapliedje For This Useful Post: