Originally Posted by meet.vino View Post
if only Jolla team gave me a WORKING, STABLE, EVERYDAY phone. And I am not even asking for a SMARTPHONE!!! Just one without call drops, auto restarts or network issues.
Sorry to hear about your issues. Just for the record wanted to mention that I consider my Jolla as working, stable and everyday useable.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chappi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by meet.vino View Post
I just want a working everyday phone and Jolla is not making things easy. I have contributed to Tablet, but still would be happy (and may be contribute more) if only Jolla team gave me a WORKING, STABLE, EVERYDAY phone. And I am not even asking for a SMARTPHONE!!! Just one without call drops, auto restarts or network issues.
Again I have to wonder when I read such posts... I have a working, stable, everyday phone from Jolla. A smartphone even. I've never had call drops in my life, not with any phone I've used so far... Nokia, HTC, Samsung, whatever... and now Jolla. (OK, wrong, I do experience call drops: When I'm on the train and we're entering a tunnel.)

There are no restarts (I had one on the Samsung last week, though) and the one bug I experienced with networking seems to be fixed now.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
Sure, Android is open source. If you count half of the OS that hasn't been updated in literally years (last I checked, the AOSP music player is still exactly the same as it was in Android 2.3), but instead has been made into proprietary Google (tm) (r) (c) apps, as open source. Don't confuse Android with AOSP, and don't think AOSP is even remotely up to date or usable without having to add anything to it.

How do you edit your Android lockscreen? How do you use a different UI in Android? How do you even do anything in Android without having to resort to security holes to install superuser?
If you complain about one thing being **** in comparison with something else, at least first make sure that other thing isn't just as ****, if not more.
Lol, superuser? There droid with root out of box, as far as i know you can at least flash some devices, and yes you can get source - https://github.com/CyanogenMod
And again no one forced jolla to talk about OSS or being OSS if they are not. You can compare with what you want, but as they used fake promises for PR, and we can get/have root on many android devices out-of-box/with few clicks. So just giving root with phone with sudden reboots and network failures don't make it more open

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
I have to wonder what some people are doing too. I've had no networking issues since about update 2 IIRC when it used to stack up 'Problem with connection' errors.

I've never had a restart, though I did find a bug a couple of weeks back with cutting text from fingerterm which restarts the launcher. That's the closest I've gotten.

The two things I'd still like to see fixed though are still a workable CalDAV/CardDAV implementation and SIP. That gets me back to N9 levels of smartphone features. I'd love to see decent native mapping but frankly Nokia's HERE Android app works well enough that that is no longer an issue.

I'm so bored of the same ******** everytime. Can the haters just please leave and let us alone? We heard your rants so many times already, we don't need to hear it again and again. Just leave if you don't like how it is.

If you want to improve it, join OSS or community meetings from Jolla. The loudest people in here I never see there. I also don't see anyone contributing in open parts. So you are just interested in trolling and being poisonous.

EOD

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Morpog For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Morpog. Just relax. you are such a fanboy. Love your style but its not healthy for you. Just surf the wave!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-12-12 at 19:08.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by aegis View Post
Have I got a weird device? My lock screen shows the date, time, notifications, carrier, battery level...
Yes, very strange. I get carrier, time and WiFi strength. Nothing else.

For me what is missing as a smart phone is:-
Video recorder that has half decent sound
Notifications screen
Sat nav
MS Exchange that works
Native apps

Exciting things that have failed to materialize.
Jolla OTHs
Links with companies "hinted " in February
A company that shares information with its customers
Bug tracker

Worthy of mention, despite Jolla
Led OTH
Keyboard OTH
Friends
Tweetian
emoji keyboard
Mika.... (Whatsapp app)
And others who make apps and rely on donations.

All in all very disappointing. I feel the phone has been ditched in favour of the tablet and monthly updates are now nearly half yearly.

What I so unlike now?

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Morpog. Just relax. you are such a fanboy. Love your style but its not healthy for you. Just surf the wave!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BpsarwbIEAAKGwJ.jpg
I'm not against criticism, but it has to have a serious foundation.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Morpog For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
Lol, superuser? There droid with root out of box, as far as i know you can at least flash some devices, and yes you can get source - https://github.com/CyanogenMod
And again no one forced jolla to talk about OSS or being OSS if they are not. You can compare with what you want, but as they used fake promises for PR, and we can get/have root on many android devices out-of-box/with few clicks. So just giving root with phone with sudden reboots and network failures don't make it more open
Yeah, CyanogenMod. Not Android, not AOSP, but CyanogenMod. Let me just go to the shop and buy a phone with CyanogenMod on it - oh wait, I can't. Installing an aftermarket firmware on a phone isn't really what I would call 'a few clicks', and is not something I see anyone doing just like that. You can compare Google's Android and Jolla's Sailfish OS, but if you want to compare CyanogenMod with something, it's Mer Project and nothing else.

By the way, adding passive aggressive emoticons to your statements doesn't give them any more value.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by Morpog View Post
I'm so bored of the same ******** everytime. Can the haters just please leave and let us alone? We heard your rants so many times already, we don't need to hear it again and again. Just leave if you don't like how it is.

If you want to improve it, join OSS or community meetings from Jolla. The loudest people in here I never see there. I also don't see anyone contributing in open parts. So you are just interested in trolling and being poisonous.

EOD
And there lies the major issue. Sailfish has to appeal to the masses for Jolla to succeed. At the moment it feels like a hobbyist experiment. I am not a programmer or app developer, I just wanted to support something that I saw was different and promised to communicate with its customers and be unlike.

Hey if you think this is trolling and poisonous fine. I think it is constructive criticism because I want to see Jolla succeed and someone has to be able to say the "Emporer is wearing no clothes".

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post: