Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by lantern View Post
oh yeah. like Sailfish/ubuntu touch/etc wasn't enough to see that niche OSes are in dire need of apps.
So let's create another OS, it won't be the same this time.
Whaddyamean SFOS is a niche OS because no apps?
It's my daily driver with pretty much all the features I need.
And here 'features' != 'apps'

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
oh yeah. like Sailfish/ubuntu touch/etc wasn't enough to see that niche OSes are in dire need of apps.
So let's create another OS, it won't be the same this time.
WebOS goes back to 2011, and further back to PalmOS, so it's not really a new one. It has to be re-created by devs bc of proprietary stuff, but if you look at what has been done and the effort being put into it staying alive, (not only LuneOS, but even legacy WebOS, software and hardware as-is), it speaks of the fact of it being "not just another alternative OS". LG, who currently owns WebOS, and still uses it for tvs, even met with LuneOS team recently to talk about their plans for an official open WebOS. fact is: WebOS is awesome, and if the attention could miraculously be given to it, it jas a real chance to succeed ...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to levone1 For This Useful Post:
it doesn't have a chance to succeed

even tizen is dead, while samsung has way more resources to do something with it than lg has

PS not only did I have hp touchpad, I've had palm m505 and sony nx73v, so I know a lil bit of history

PPS from all those OSes besides ios/android, only Sailfish looks live enough to be a real alternative someday, so all the resources ideally should be put into it, not spread all over dead OSes and forks.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:
it doesn't have a chance to succeed

even tizen is dead, while samsung has way more resources to do something with it than lg has

PS not only did I have hp touchpad, I've had palm m505 and sony nx73v, so I know a lil bit of history

PPS from all those OSes besides ios/android, only Sailfish looks live enough to be a real alternative someday, so all the resources ideally should be put into it, not spread all over dead OSes and forks.
Probably true... I had to try. I'm actually pretty happy w/ Sailfish also. You have to admit, though, being an old-time WebOSer - it would be pretty neat to have it on an XC.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to levone1 For This Useful Post:
I updated my X Compact to SFOS 3.0.2.8. No other problems except that settings did not offer the update for me directly (I'm in EA) so I had to do
devel-su
ssu release 3.0.2.8
pkcon refresh
version --dup
sync
reboot

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Manatus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Manatus View Post
I updated my X Compact to SFOS 3.0.2.8. No other problems except that settings did not offer the update for me directly (I'm in EA)
Surprised as prompted upon my Xperia X Compact:
Attached Images

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
has anyone run the g7 patcher successfully on 3.0.1 or 3.0.2? I got it to go fine right up to the last line, then the script closes when it can't find it's own temp file, and ends with "... I: Repacking cat: /vagrant/droid-config-f5121/kickstart/pack/f5121/hybris: No such file or directory mv: cannot stat 'patcher-tmp/work/Sailfish*.zip': No such file or directory" Any ideas?

Full log is here - https://pastebin.com/nKh8QAqk

I was able to get patched root.img by changing the last line of the script from "patcher-tmp/work/Sailfish*.zip" to "patcher-tmp/work/root.img", but I think it contains all partitions, so not sure how to divied it, and fashing it to system doesn't work.

The Following User Says Thank You to levone1 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by levone1 View Post
has anyone run the g7 patcher successfully on 3.0.1 or 3.0.2? I got it to go fine right up to the last line, then the script closes when it can't find it's own temp file, and ends with "... I: Repacking cat: /vagrant/droid-config-f5121/kickstart/pack/f5121/hybris: No such file or directory mv: cannot stat 'patcher-tmp/work/Sailfish*.zip': No such file or directory" Any ideas?

Full log is here - https://pastebin.com/nKh8QAqk

I was able to get patched root.img by changing the last line of the script from "patcher-tmp/work/Sailfish*.zip" to "patcher-tmp/work/root.img", but I think it contains all partitions, so not sure how to divied it, and fashing it to system doesn't work.
I think i had the same problem on a earlier release too. Please check post 106 and 108.

The trick is to clone the repository correct, i have done this on linux vm and moved the files to windows.

Then you can clone the repository (form g7 readme):
Code:
git clone https://github.com/g7/sailfishx-patcher-f5321.git
cd sailfishx-patcher-f5321
git submodule init
git submodule update

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unreasonable Behaviour For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Unreasonable Behaviour View Post
I think i had the same problem on a earlier release too. Please check post 106 and 108.

The trick is to clone the repository correct, i have done this on linux vm and moved the files to windows.

Code:
git submodule init
git submodule update
Thanks, but I'm using Windows 10. Vagrant and Vbox worked fine to patch 2.2, but getting this error on 3.0...

The Following User Says Thank You to levone1 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Unreasonable Behaviour View Post

Code:
git submodule init
git submodule update
Do you know soecifically which files are different depending on whoch address you cloned? Maybe I can manually download appropriately through Windows...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to levone1 For This Useful Post: