Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
And how do you know this? Where did you get this info from? Are you one of the employees? I really want to know. You seems to know many things about this phone.
Life experience. Usually never claim to know things (as some other)

I’m more of a hang-around to see what that team building and follow the flow of the thread.

What do you think of next news letter. Announcement and shipment ready?

News letter next week anoucment week after that an then some show room at mwc.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2019-02-01 at 20:53.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by deutch1976 View Post
Let them talk. They say these things just for someone to say if it's true or false. Let them wait and see for themselves
Wrong.

But yeah. Let’s wait together.

Last edited by Dave999; 2019-02-01 at 20:52.

Originally Posted by deutch1976 View Post
Let them talk. They say these things just for someone to say if it's true or false. Let them wait and see for themselves
He's not crazy technically... If the kayboard mod barely made it to production, a phone is a whole different ball game with many hurdles to clear. Postponing by 1 quarter already happened. No updates in over 2 weeks. I wouldn't be surprised if he's right. I hope not, but he might be. don't get your hopes up

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gtmaster303 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wazd View Post
First of all, I'm really sorry that you didn't have the best experience with TOHKBD.

The problem with key presses is a cause of "not quite perfect" key peg position/length, that presses on the metal dome. Unfortunately for us this silicone part is being made with the injection molding process which is super expensive if you're "trying things out" so each iteration of the design was a *really* heavy hit on our budget, so we've basically made two attempts, trying to figure out the right length with some off-the-shelf trickery and CAD simulations. Unfortunately I've failed to make it perfect due to the lack of funds and, most importantly, experience and I'm the one to blame for all the UX issues, I'm sorry.

When we were figuring out if we would be able to make a Moto Z Mod with our layout it was the first thing on our list to invest in.

But to say that we would rather spend all the money we were trusted with on some perfectionism exercises rather than work with all the limitations considered, but deliver - that type of decision is exactly why people don't trust crowdfunding anymore. I'd rather be an incompetent industrial designer that realises his mistakes and iterates on them than a crook. But that's me.
Thanks for the reply and the explanation. I do appreciate what you did especially considering you started from scratch, it just ruffles my feathers when some people start and keep on riffing on someone who doesn't actually need to prove anything. There's nothing to lose here, even if it is a very elaborate joke, all anyone did was waste a few hours bickering back and forth, which would have happened regardless of the topic.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gtmaster303 View Post
He's not crazy technically... If the kayboard mod barely made it to production, a phone is a whole different ball game with many hurdles to clear. Postponing by 1 quarter already happened. No updates in over 2 weeks. I wouldn't be surprised if he's right. I hope not, but he might be. don't get your hopes up
I was mostly not talking about an official postphonement but an internal within the project. If that will be officially seen or not is unknown.

But to me it doesn’t matter I can wait if the product will be nice. I’m not looking for a new phone atm anyway.

EDIT: my post doesn’t affect active topics. Awsome

Last edited by Dave999; 2019-02-01 at 21:13.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
I was mostly not talking about an official postphonement but an internal within the project. If that will be officially seen or not is unknown.

But to me it doesn’t matter I can wait if the product will be nice. I’m not looking for a new phone atm anyway.

EDIT: my post doesn’t affect active topics. Awsome
The faster this phone gets out the better. It's losing relevance as we speak. That said qwertys have lost nearly all relevance today anyway. I hope this phone Sparks life into the form factor again

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gtmaster303 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gtmaster303 View Post
The faster this phone gets out the better. It's losing relevance as we speak. That said qwertys have lost nearly all relevance today anyway. I hope this phone Sparks life into the form factor again
How can this lose relevance when it's main feature is a not relevant feature of today?

It's pretty unique today so...given that it actually exists. Be available and find the way to customer hands i don’t see any reason to hurry

owhat do you mean?

Last edited by Dave999; 2019-02-02 at 13:34.

What does anybody think about WebOS/LuneOS? Maybe I'm just stuck in the past, but I haven't given up the notion that it was the best OS to date. I actually bought a Pre 2 and a Veer (again) recently...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to levone1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
Well you can think you are stuck in the past ...
but LuneOS is not quite "in the past" just yet...
Their team is still motoring on.
I keep an eyeball on these alt os's , plasma, touch, maru, lune, etc.
see where they are at.
Lune is alive and well in fact ...
Lune just released last november their Stable Release called Doppio
https://forums.webosnation.com/luneo...ml#post3454959
It is on my "to do " list for trying it out on my nexus 5 actually.
I haven't really had time to play with it yet.
Looking forward to it though.

Owner of :
1-n770 (in retirement), 3-n800's / 3-n810's (still in daily use), 5-n900's ((3 are flawless, 1 loose usb ( parts), 1 has no telephony (parts))
3-nexus 5's : 1 w/ Floko Pie 9.1 (running beautifully) waiting for Stable Droid 10 rom, 1 w/ ̶Ubuntu Touch, 1 with Maru OS (intend maemo leste when ready)

1/2 - neo900 pre- "purchased" in 2013. N̶o̶w̶ ̶A̶w̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ - neo900 start up declared officially dead -
Lost invested funds.

PIMP MY N8X0 (Idiot's Guide and a video walkthrough)http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94294
THE LOST GRONMAYER CATALOGShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=gronmayer
N8X0 VIDEO ENCODING THE EASY WAYhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=mediacoder
242gb ON N800http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90634
THE PAIN-FREE MAEMO DEVELOPMENT LIVE DISTRO-ISO FOR THE NOOB TO THE PROhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95567
AFFORDABLE MASS PRODUCTION FOR MAEMO PARTShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93325

Meateo balloons now available @ Dave999's Meateo Emporium

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to endsormeans For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by levone1 View Post
What does anybody think about WebOS/LuneOS? Maybe I'm just stuck in the past, but I haven't given up the notion that it was the best OS to date. I actually bought a Pre 2 and a Veer (again) recently...
I’m fine with that. As long its not Sailfish. Jolla using community and give very little back. Not even tiny refunds. Hope Chen stay away from russian OS.

I think we might looking at a newsletter week...

Tags
n950 revival, q-device, qwerty keyboard, sailfishos, sailingchen