Notices

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Toulouse
Strange, for me greasemonkey-webaddon shows up in the app-manager as installed, but is missing from the list of add-ons in microB (however, adblock shows up).

The Following User Says Thank You to dominik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
greasemonkey works for me. I'm only using scripts to improve readibility of newspapers.
what scripts are you using?
i read my news in google reader ... titles are all i need 99.9% of the time
tried helvetica and i gave up

The Following User Says Thank You to jean2323 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dominik View Post
Strange, for me greasemonkey-webaddon shows up in the app-manager as installed, but is missing from the list of add-ons in microB (however, adblock shows up).
dominik: add-ons are messed up ... i "had" to upgrade adblock yesterday to 1.1.1 after reading a post here on maemo.org
everithing got messed up

only way to fix things was to uninstall the extension from application manager then to use terminal to go to .mozilla/microb/extensions and to delete folders

with a "clean" browser ... i reinstalled adblock and greasemonkey

now ... i have no idea if trouble started from adblock 1.1.1 or ... i clicked search for updates (in the add-ons window) .... and there were updates for greasemonkey and some ovi add-on ...

maybe those messed things up???

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jean2323 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 75 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Toulouse
Originally Posted by jean2323 View Post
only way to fix things was to uninstall the extension from application manager then to use terminal to go to .mozilla/microb/extensions and to delete folders

with a "clean" browser ... i reinstalled adblock and greasemonkey
Thanks a lot! Greasemonkey works for me now!

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by jean2323 View Post
what scripts are you using?
i read my news in google reader ... titles are all i need 99.9% of the time
tried helvetica and i gave up
At the moment, I'm using New York Times Link to Print. I have also used Autoprint in the past.

I have been using them with a javascript program called Readibility -- look it up. What is really needed is a script that combines making an article into one page and then runs Readibility.

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
At the moment, I'm using New York Times Link to Print. I have also used Autoprint in the past.

I have been using them with a javascript program called Readibility -- look it up. What is really needed is a script that combines making an article into one page and then runs Readibility.
i played with readibility on my computer ... clean and simple, but i prefer feeds

google reader is not that easy to handle in the little browser
the touch thing is difficult sometimes .... you click on links while you just want to scan the page

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
For all of you that have *****ed and complained about Adblock Plus being broken for you, you're actually running into the same issue that these people are running into when attempting to add greasemonkey. Addon support is more or less broken in Microb.

Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
For all of you that have *****ed and complained about Adblock Plus being broken for you, you're actually running into the same issue that these people are running into when attempting to add greasemonkey. Addon support is more or less broken in Microb.
Addblock Plus actually screwed up my N900; it' wasn't a matter of it not working for me, it was after me with a vengeance.

I did run across another Greasemonkey script that didn't work for me, called Greasemonkey Readability, I think. I assumed it didn't work because it was a lousy script, but maybe it was addon support that was lousy.

But Greasemonkey definitely works for me with some scripts. Whatever is wrong with addon support is not consistent.

These days I can no longer get Greasemonkey to work. When I try to install it, I get a message asking me to click reboot to install it, but clicking reboot doesn't reboot, and closing and restarting MicroB doesn't make the message go away or install Greasemonkey.

So, do others have Greasemonkey working? If so, how? I was assuming this problem would be solved at some point.

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Allemagne
There seems to be a missing link.

The command:
Code:
ln -s /usr/lib/browser/extensions/{e4a8a97b-f2ed-450b-b12d-ee082ba24781} ~/.mozilla/microb/extensions/{e4a8a97b-f2ed-450b-b12d-ee082ba24781}
made greasemonkey work on my N900.

Last edited by Shanezlar; 2010-04-12 at 22:29.