Notices

Hi all,

I apologize if this has been answered somwhere before but I have searched many threads with no luck. I'm trying to find the dosbox.conf file to edit and cannot find the install directory. I have looked around, includung in /usr/share, but no dosbox folder. Any info on where I should look would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by llamastyle; 2009-12-12 at 20:04.

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Allemagne
Don't know much about DOSBox but on Ubuntu it is in ~/.dosbox/

If it's not there you can search for it by running the following command from the terminal (might take a while):
Code:
find / -iname dosbox\*.conf 2>/dev/null
Edit: the file isn't part of the package but is apparently created on first run (so you won't find it unless DOSBox was run before)

Last edited by Shanezlar; 2009-12-12 at 20:40.

Posts: 287 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sweden
The general places for configuration files to be installed are /etc/ (system-wide) and ~/.applicationname (per user, ~ in this case stands for /home/user). Note that files and directories starting with a dot will be hidden in the file manager. Have you looked in these places?

dpkg -L dosbox should otherwise be able to help you by listing every file the package put on your system.

yes i've been using xterminal. checked most of those places, im about to run that search

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Allemagne
Also google led me to this. Don't know how relevant it is.

i see... well my whole problem is that i cant type symbols inside dosbox to run those commands... anyway i read that the rest of the keys will be mapped eventually so i may have to wait. thanks for your help, ill have to do some more research on this later