Notices

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Ostrava, Czech republic
Originally Posted by ade View Post
Syncevolution has a very simple graphical wizard for defining a new service. Just try that first I would say.
Unfortunately I am trying, but always getting error during synchronization. The same situation like here

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Just a quick note: I use syncevolution only for *contacts*, and still use erminig-ng for calendar (both with google)

I plan to move from erminig-ng to syncevolution (or at least test it), but for now erminig is working fine, so I may wait until I get a problem..

Hi all,

I haven't had the time to read all the posts in this thread but does Ermining-NG support google tasks now that their API is available?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

The Following User Says Thank You to darodi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 20 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Hong Kong
I just updated Erminig-NG to latest version on my N900 last week.

But since then, the newly synchronized events on my local calendar all have a "0 minute" alarm, but I never setup any alarm on my Google Calendar events.

Are there any settings or workarounds that I can deploy?

The Following User Says Thank You to lazyfai For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lazyfai View Post
I just updated Erminig-NG to latest version on my N900 last week.

But since then, the newly synchronized events on my local calendar all have a "0 minute" alarm, but I never setup any alarm on my Google Calendar events.

Are there any settings or workarounds that I can deploy?
As you may have seen on the previous page I have reported the same problem. I suspect a problem or incompatibility in the C progamming API which erminig uses. As far as I know there is no workaround...

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Hong Kong
Just read the code and see a difference with the last version, and I have reverted one function in /opt/maemo/usr/share/erminig/Event.py

def get_alarm(self):
return self.alarm

This will fix the "0 minute alarm" bug, this is the old version get_alarm function, and the latest version of erminig-ng changed it to "fix" an issue but caused the "0 minute alarm" issue... revert and fixed for now.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lazyfai For This Useful Post:
Not sure what you mean whit old and new. Can you provide a patch, please? The get_event function on my device looks exaclty like to one you posted. Is this the way it should look like or is this the old one?

@lazyfai,

I updated ermining yesterday to 0.2.12.3 (extras-devel) and also noticed the str(self.alarm) bug, so I've reverted it, like to, to "return self.alarm".

I guess this is what you get from using "easy" languages with no type checking. I'll add to my to-do list to make a version of this in C.. some day..

Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
Today I have noticed that some of my events are messed up. I upgraded erminig in 2012-03-13. I haven't run erming for quite some time and I don't think it runs in background automatically. Is it possible that erminig has anything to do with this mess up? The problem seems to be a time zone problem, as I can see in live/hotmail calendar, those messed up events have a time zone of Nepal (where I lived previously) and others have time zone of GMT-8. I can see that time zones in my hotmail as well as my mobile is set to that time zone for quite some time but I can't figure out how those events now have time zone from my home country.

MfE sync worked perfectly, should I blame ermining for this messing up?

Originally Posted by reinob View Post
@lazyfai,

I updated ermining yesterday to 0.2.12.3 (extras-devel) and also noticed the str(self.alarm) bug, so I've reverted it, like to, to "return self.alarm".

I guess this is what you get from using "easy" languages with no type checking. I'll add to my to-do list to make a version of this in C.. some day..
Just to add: I've decided to remove all support for synchronizing alarms, so the alarms I set on the N900 stay there and the alarms I set in google calendar stay also there.

Now I'm a fully happy user of erminig

Tags
erminig, erminig-ng, ernie nig, google calendar, google sync, synchronization