Active Topics

Anyone else having issues updating apps from the Store.
I've got a notification telling me that there's an update for OSM Scout. But when I try to update it after a while I get told "Problem with Store. Could not update OSM Scout".

I had a bit of a problem last night after moving some videos from internal memory to the SD card. After moving the files I got a warning the app registry was corrupt so I used Sailfish Utilities.
Earlier today the phone kept shutting down at different intervals. After I pulled the battery for a couple minutes things seemed to be OK.
Still can't do an update on that OSM Scout though.

Any ideas, tips or remedial suggestions welcome.

TY

The Following User Says Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Got a bit more info on the issue.
Basically what the problem is OSMScout didn't finish updating so the filesystem could be corrupt. I've tried to uninstall what's left ot OSMScout but i won't go. I can't even delete he folder.
I've got 2 screenshots that I'll upload soon.

Well, there's no point posting the pictures, because I can't get to them.
My Jolla is now in a coma
I couldn't get it to perform a backup. Windows or Ubuntu wouldn't connect so I could pull some of the data off.
So I thought 'sh*t or bust' and pulled the memory card to perform a hard reset.
Everything went well, the phone rebooted to factory settings and I got notifications of updates. Started to perform an update but it never downloaded beyond 8%, left it running for 3 hours and decided to restart the device. Now it hangs on the Jolla screen and never boots.
I'm using my spare Jolla now coupled with the TOHKBD.
I'll probably have a look at the comatose Jolla sometime in the future, while it still powers on there's always a chance.

The Following User Says Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
Partly my fault, I guess.
I'd messed about with so much Android stuff on there, some of it worked, some of it didn't. I suppose I confused it.
Slapping the TOHKBD on it must have been the final straw. It must have thought "Sh*t me!!! Now he wants me to be a N900. I can't handle this. *Blarrrgh yackob dwibble kaputt*"

The Following User Says Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post: