Notices

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Hey guys,

I hope I don't annoy anyone with this post, but I'm really beginning to go crazy with trying to get things to work. I've searched through the forums looking for answers to no avail.

1) Ovi Store.

Since the update (both updates, installed fine), I can get to the Ovi Store just fine. I can sign in and browse fine also, however when I hit 'download', nothing happens. On any file in the store. Not sure why this is, or what's causing it.. but that's what I get.

UPDATE

Further experimentation has revealed that this isn't actually an OVI STORE specific problem, more a MOZILLA BROWSER issue. Turns out I can't download ANYTHING from ANYWHERE.

Damn

2) Ovi Maps.

This just won't start. It hangs on the blue bar opening screen and then disappears after a few minutes. I've rad about clearing/flashing the eMMC but - as you might've guessed I a) have no idea what that is and b) have no idea where to start!

3) Firefox

See Ovi Maps. Since the update, FF won't boot. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and still it just wont work.

Any and all help on any of the above would be greatly appreciated. I love my N900 and want to use ALL the features!

Thanks

James

Last edited by whatleydude; 2010-01-17 at 15:40.

hey james.
sounds like a flash maybe in order

My Blog

Hey Chris, yeah - I was hoping that wouldn't be the case...

*grumble grumble*

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Leeuwarden, The Netherlands
Originally Posted by whatleydude View Post
Hey guys,

I hope I don't annoy anyone with this post, but I'm really beginning to go crazy with trying to get things to work. I've searched through the forums looking for answers to no avail.

1) Ovi Store.

Since the update (both updates, installed fine), I can get to the Ovi Store just fine. I can sign in and browse fine also, however when I hit 'download', nothing happens. On any file in the store. Not sure why this is, or what's causing it.. but that's what I get.

2) Ovi Maps.

This just won't start. It hangs on the blue bar opening screen and then disappears after a few minutes. I've rad about clearing/flashing the eMMC but - as you might've guessed I a) have no idea what that is and b) have no idea where to start!

3) Firefox

See Ovi Maps. Since the update, FF won't boot. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and still it just wont work.

Any and all help on any of the above would be greatly appreciated. I love my N900 and want to use ALL the features!

Thanks

James
See this entry: http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware

You probably need to flash the eMMC
The servers with images are down but i have posted torrents in another topic: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...hlight=flasher

You will need the flasher application and the vanilla image.

Good luck!

Hi James

The others may be right and a flash is needed but as I said to you on Twitter

The downloads from OVI store can take some time to install. Once download has been clicked the app manager will open and it will prepare for installation. Then wait for bar to appear with "continue" and "details" - this can take several minutes (no idea why)

@vartanov - thanks for the tips, looks like that's what I'm going to have to do. I'll wait until tomorrow thought, once the repositories are all back up and running. Will report back and let you know how I get on.

@sheridan01 - Yes mate, I tried that and the window is still open. Nothing comes down the pipe at all. I've spoken to a couple of people at Maemo about this and they can't work it out either. A think a reflash is the only way forward.

Rubbish.

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Canada
Like everybody else has said: reflash is what the doctor ordered. In situations like these it's best to start fresh. Oh, and don't forget to flash the eMMC. Let us know how you did.

Posts: 180 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Miami
wont reflashing void the warranty?

Posts: 71 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Espoo
Waleed786, Not as far as I understand it.
The instructions and tools are there for a reason

James, the re-flash is not that hard (just follow the instructions), but the tools are command line only.
Don't forget to back up to somewhere *other* than the device

Further experimentation has revealed that this isn't actually an OVI STORE specific problem, more a MOZILLA BROWSER issue. Turns out I can't download ANYTHING from ANYWHERE.

...and thanks @ymb, I'll give it a go tomorrow. Damn thing.