Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 13 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Enschede, Netherlands
Dear Scorpius. In your first post under "ToDo list" I really miss the contact search feature that was included in several earlier Yappari versions. Do you have any plans on re-implementing contact search? If it was up to me I would put first priority on that.

Thanks for all your great work.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geraldh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Originally Posted by deo.kulkarni View Post
Hi Scorpius & malkavian,

I have tried above method and I completely messed up by my mistake. I have created one folder 'Whatsapp' and used ln command on that. I am not able download any file. Download button is disable. I created new folder 'cache' along with audios, images and videos under /home/user/.yappari/
Could please look out my log file and let me know the solution ?

I think, I need to delete all Yappari files and folders and install again. Can please let me know the detail process ? Sorry for the inconvenience.

-Deo
I see an error in the log file, but not the cause.

Please send the results of (the letter after the minus is an el not an i):

ls -l /home/user/.yappari/
ls -lL /home/user/.yappari/cache/

And please, tell exactly what have you done.

The Following User Says Thank You to malkavian For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Hi Scorpius,

I am trying to make Yappari work through USB connection (reverse tethering) not WLAN. My interface is usb0, and I can do normal web browsing from it. (WLAN is disconnected, only usb connection). So until now I am on the right way. But Yappari keeps saying "Waiting for connection". My question is:
1- what is the IM ip server of whatsapp and what is the port number?
2- is Yappari only listening on wlan0 for a connection?

Please if you can provide some help, I would appreciate.

Regards,
MS

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by mariosalhab View Post
Hi Scorpius,

I am trying to make Yappari work through USB connection (reverse tethering) not WLAN. My interface is usb0, and I can do normal web browsing from it. (WLAN is disconnected, only usb connection). So until now I am on the right way. But Yappari keeps saying "Waiting for connection". My question is:
1- what is the IM ip server of whatsapp and what is the port number?
2- is Yappari only listening on wlan0 for a connection?

Please if you can provide some help, I would appreciate.

Regards,
MS
Yappari listens for whatever Qt thinks it's a network connection, so I don't think you'll be able to make it work.

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Madrid
Hi Scorpius!
I know that registration doesn't work fine, but when I try (just for see what happens) the app told me that I have to wait 800 min =(

any idea?

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
The registration is "not working" in the sense that we are not receiving the SMS or the call, but the WhatsApp servers give proper answers. When I tried to register the WhatsApp server told me the SMS was sent successfully, but I never received it. If I try to register again it'll ask me to wait 15 minutes.

Then after that it will "work" again once, and then it tells me to wait a whole day.

But we are NOT receiving errors from the WhatsApp servers, and that makes it very difficult to think what could go wrong. I still don't know if it's a problem in the servers or if WhatsApp somehow can distinguish between a legit client registration or Yappari's, and if they were smart enough to give Yappari proper server answers even if it won't work.

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Madrid
aha, I see...so...if a try to activate yappari using my sim card in another phone...will I receive the sms? I will try in 165 min xD

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
Yappari listens for whatever Qt thinks it's a network connection, so I don't think you'll be able to make it work.
Dont you think there is a way to make Yappari works on this usb0 connection? maybe if we read the source code we can find some workaround. because everything else is working. everything. but i need also Yappari to work bcz its the most important thing. if you can help i appreciate

thanks

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Pune,India
Originally Posted by malkavian View Post
I see an error in the log file, but not the cause.

Please send the results of (the letter after the minus is an el not an i):

ls -l /home/user/.yappari/
ls -lL /home/user/.yappari/cache/

And please, tell exactly what have you done.
Hi,

Issue has been resolved. Problem was about folder permission of that directory.

I have successfully execute ln command and I have access to all received files using File manager. I am able to share files which was received by my frnds.

Thanks to malkavian & Scorpius.

Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Originally Posted by deo.kulkarni View Post
Hi,
Issue has been resolved. Problem was about folder permission of that directory.
That's why I asked for an "ls -l"

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp