Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 223 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Lebanon- Beirut
Are we ever gonna get an "online" and "last seen online" behavior the same as the original Whatsapp client?

I know your reasoning behind the current behavior, but people seem to relate "online" as i'm available to talk and they keep bothering me all day.

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by ahmadamaj View Post
Are we ever gonna get an "online" and "last seen online" behavior the same as the original Whatsapp client?

I know your reasoning behind the current behavior, but people seem to relate "online" as i'm available to talk and they keep bothering me all day.
Like I said millions of times, the original WhatsApp client DISCONNECTS from the network. Yappari STAY CONNECTED all the time.

The ONLY WAY is to DISCONNECT and I'm not gonna rewrite the whole client to disconnect/reconnect all the time you bring the window up and hide it.

Quit Yappari when you're not available to talk and that's it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ahmadamaj View Post

Just curious, why not put on the status, something like "just urgent" or "i'm sleeping" or "busy" or "leave me alone right now" or "If you're reading this, then don't send me a message because i'm not going to answer back"?

Greetings.

BTW.

For 1.0.35 I was thinking about this feature:

The main difference between WhatsApp and Blackberry Messenger is that BBM has a "timeline" I don't even remember the exact name I think it was called notifications or something.

It's a window where you can see a log like:

"X changed his/her profile picture"
"Y changed his status to xxx"
"Z messaged you" <-- I would make an option to turn off these
"A changed the subject of group B to C"

etc.

Wouldn't that be cool? WhatsApp doesn't have that and it should.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Can you help me ?
Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: txt yap.txt (15.4 KB, 2239 views)

Originally Posted by colastefan View Post
Can you help me ?
Thanks.
You tried to register with 0.0.13 and that was a mistake.

Wait 24 hours and after that retry again. Stop retrying every second because you would have to wait longer until you would have to wait a whole week.

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Lebanon- Beirut
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
BTW.

For 1.0.35 I was thinking about this feature:

The main difference between WhatsApp and Blackberry Messenger is that BBM has a "timeline" I don't even remember the exact name I think it was called notifications or something.

It's a window where you can see a log like:

"X changed his/her profile picture"
"Y changed his status to xxx"
"Z messaged you" <-- I would make an option to turn off these
"A changed the subject of group B to C"

etc.

Wouldn't that be cool? WhatsApp doesn't have that and it should.
would be very cool

Also if possible to add to the timeline when the contact was online.

The Following User Says Thank You to ahmadamaj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Yes, it will be cool

For me the scrolling problem is that if somebody writes while you are scrolling back, it autoscrolls to the last message, so in groups when you want to read some old messages but lot of people is writing, it's a pain. I will prefer not to have that autoscroll when I scroll back. That change could be possible? If not, maybe a checkbox to deactivate and activate autoscroll would be great.

Originally Posted by malkavian View Post
Yes, it will be cool

For me the scrolling problem is that if somebody writes while you are scrolling back, it autoscrolls to the last message, so in groups when you want to read some old messages but lot of people is writing, it's a pain. I will prefer not to have that autoscroll when I scroll back. That change could be possible? If not, maybe a checkbox to deactivate and activate autoscroll would be great.
If you know a Qt expert that can fix it tell him to send me a patch!

We need a GUI guru to look at it. The problem is this is a phone, you can't load all the log in the chat window (it'll take 10 minutes to open).

So I had to intercept when the scroll bar reaches the top to load more entries from the log and show them.

A GUI expert (I hate coding GUIs I've said that several times) might figure out a way to insert more entries and make the scroll bar behave a little more smoother.

I just can't. I've tried.

EDIT: You were talking about something totally different. I think I can make an option "Scroll to bottom on message received" or something like that, but you will hate it, because even if you're at the bottom waiting for new messages, you have to MANUALLY SCROLL the new message received every time.

Last edited by Scorpius; 2013-06-03 at 22:57.

Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Ok, but that isn't what i said. Could be smother? Yes, but i can live with it.

But when some friends are heavily talking in a group chat, I cannot scroll back and read from the first messages of that conversation without being interrupted by the autoscroll going down when a new message arrive. So I have to scroll back again to continue reading until again a new message arrive and it goes down again It's frustrating. I suppose that a Qt/GUI expert is needed for this too.

Spanish explanation:
Lo explico en español ya que es la lengua materna de ambos. El tema es que cuando hay una conversación animada en un grupo es muy difícil (o imposible) leer los mensajes viejos, porque en cuanto alguien manda un mensaje nuevo, el scroll baja hasta abajo del todo. De modo que hay que volver atrás a donde estabas leyendo, pero en cuanto llega otro mensaje, pafff, se va de nuevo abajo.

The Following User Says Thank You to malkavian For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp