Notices

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by pipould View Post
We could just have a red icon when it's offline and green when online.. ?

Offline:

The Following User Says Thank You to MAX9 For This Useful Post:
Hi Tarek Galal.
Thanks for app.
I have a bug:
When a connecting frist all right normal send and receivers messengers but if nothing receivers for 10 or 20 min when i ill write thw messengers no send and the ball red show.
Only when i close with quit and open again tje wazapp ready.
Whats happen?
Thanks very much U and the members.

I can't code but I design themes for Symbian, so I thought I'd give it a go with what I think could be changed in the UI. Maybe someone will like it and actually do them

Also took my Whatsapp icon (which I made from scratch) from my themes and made it as PNG. Also made an "offline" as gray (since that's the language of Harmattan).

Edit: attached all the small icons in case anyone wants to use them.
Edit 2: Rethought the dynamic menu icon, doesn't make sense like that. There should be 3 states: Online, Closed and Offline. There's still the gray icon in case you liked it.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip wazapp icons.zip (32.5 KB, 91 views)

Last edited by fsx; 2012-05-20 at 15:31.

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to fsx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 8 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by fsx View Post
I can't code but I design themes for Symbian, so I thought I'd give it a go with what I think could be changed in the UI. Maybe someone will like it and actually do them

Also took my Whatsapp icon (which I made from scratch) from my themes and made it as PNG. Also made an "offline" as gray (since that's the language of Harmattan).

Wow, very beautiful design, but I think that yellow clock indicator should be checkmark. Because it means that message is successfully delivered to the server and the green icon means that message is succesfully delivered to the device of the chat partner.

The Following User Says Thank You to rantakemisti For This Useful Post:
Only problem is that you will need the contacts' names for when (hopefully) group messaging is integrated. Otherwise, that is exactly how I think it should look - more like our native messaging application to maintain the UX throughout.

Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East

Edit 2: Rethought the dynamic menu icon, doesn't make sense like that. There should be 3 states: Online, Closed and Offline. There's still the gray icon in case you liked it.
That's a very nice UI design.. it's what we all want, really. The cool dudes on this forum actually managed to get close to that design.. but it's up to tgalal to make it bug free or actually implement it properly and release the next version soon. Or, he can reveal the source code so we all can make it happen. Playing around with the qml files only helps to a limit, but again, we should be thankful to tgalal for actually developing an app in the first place.

Originally Posted by Nad View Post
Only problem is that you will need the contacts' names for when (hopefully) group messaging is integrated. Otherwise, that is exactly how I think it should look - more like our native messaging application to maintain the UX throughout.
I see what you mean! And you are right! But perhaps it could be omitted if it wasn't a group chat and added left of the bubble (outside) with a light grey since the bubble has horizontal size limits (I might be mistaken). The top bar would then proceed to display the Group chat image, the status mini icon would disappear and by pressing the bar (just like in standard messaging) it would open a list with all the participants as well as when they were last seen/online (and the mini availability icons could be there as well). I can do a mock up of a group chat if you want.

As for the yellow icon, it could have a checkmark but I think it's more logical (even if it goes against Whatsapp itself) to have it as a pending icon because it's only really "ready" when the other person has the text on their device!

The Following User Says Thank You to fsx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 111 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hong Kong
Thanks tgalal, but version 0.2 still cannot use Chinese(I think unicode character are the same) as push name. This make connecting... forever.

The Following User Says Thank You to michaelmhk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 80 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Guatemala
I just want to say that the new version (0.2) looks awesome, you guys rock.

The Following User Says Thank You to diegofigueroa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 246 | Thanked: 2,574 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Egypt, Cairo
Originally Posted by michaelmhk View Post
Thanks tgalal, but version 0.2 still cannot use Chinese(I think unicode character are the same) as push name. This make connecting... forever.
Hi, sorry about that. It will be fixed in next release I promise.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tgalal For This Useful Post:

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp