Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
[OT]
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
These are great btw http://www.ebay.ie/itm/300941587655
Universal external battery chargers, that work also with Jolla batteries.
And this one is even cheaper and delivers to Germany!
[/OT]

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Afaik, unlocked bit is never cleared during updates, but you might have downgraded bootloader version to old version which ignored the unlocked bit.

In hindsight doing factory reset should always be avoided, without factory reset you would have been in bootloader which honours unlocked bit, and you could have dd'ed your backups back to device.
On trouble with phone factory reset should be avoided? Maybe factory reset should be able to fix everything and reset? (with bootloader unlocked by default)
And don't start that lock is got our good and privacy, let us decide what is good for us and for our privacy. It sounds little bit of hypocritical like "enforcing freedom" :/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
sure your right, but if there was a external way to flash Jolla through the pc, wouldn't that realistically fix the issue your having? Just like the N9, and N900 you could flash them through a command line. so if you could reflash your Jolla you could reflash the recovery partition. I still maintain a clean way to flash through the pc would be best.

also, why don't you just send off your device to jolla care to be reflashed? and you can avoid this issue next time? it seems you just don't want to take the lines of support in favor of "i can do it myself cause I know better".

I get you wanted an open device you could do whatever with, but clearly this isn't the case here, so either keep hold of a 400 euro paper weight, or atleast get it repaired and sell it on.

lastly, you decided to downgrade a phone that most likely would break on downgrade? I mean come on, your clearly a smart guy, so why this move??

Last edited by m4r0v3r; 2014-06-27 at 02:22.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Why dont I want to send the phone to Care?
Firstly, because of this happening to me, the smart guy , discovering how bad things can go, on no way to restore a decent base firmware, without this risk, I really need to make a decision - do I want to spend more money on a device that is as is? My decision- No, not even shipping to Finland.
Is it my fault? partly, but - if a full image could be restored, that would be different. Howrver, the design involves an easily destroyed Bootloader (which is even not the case here, except for it 'magically' being relocked! how? I dont know, even Jolla says this shouldnt happen.

I dont get the "nost likely would break on downgrade"
Where is that stated? anywhere - except for announcements after my incident?
I did btw this downgrade before.
Why did I downgrade ?
Because I was on a 1.0.7.16 fresh update where the sailfish-browser would crash as uset and only start as root!
How did that happen?
No freaking clue, this was a fresh update, and also tried removing and installing sailfish-browser (and sailfish-browser-settings, since the issue seemed related to user unable to read settings, from output shown in terminal)

Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
[OT]

[/OT]
thanks guys, I will order one of these, my issue might be because of dead battery from what I see so far
I left battery out over night, and a sliight improvement is that vol-down +power without cable now shows it needs battery power - shuts down with the power symbol.
Now, I will leave it for a day in fastboot mode and see if it will charge, then remove battery again for some hours to try and get that recovery boot.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
[OT]

[/OT]
Actually your one was much more expensive, at least for Finland, as my link had free postage and your link didnt have.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Actually your one was much more expensive, at least for Finland, as my link had free postage and your link didnt have.
Ah maybe. It is German ebay [but stated to ship worldwide].
I did not have to pay shipping at all, so much less for me
(needed to find another seller as yours do not deliver to Germany)
OT end.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2014-06-27 at 06:17.

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Well, ordered so I will have it it seems in ~ a week...
Price to DK was fair, including shipping ~5.13 Euro

Thanks again guys

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
Why dont I want to send the phone to Care?
Firstly, because of this happening to me, the smart guy , discovering how bad things can go, on no way to restore a decent base firmware, without this risk, I really need to make a decision - do I want to spend more money on a device that is as is? My decision- No, not even shipping to Finland.
Is it my fault? partly, but - if a full image could be restored, that would be different. Howrver, the design involves an easily destroyed Bootloader (which is even not the case here, except for it 'magically' being relocked! how? I dont know, even Jolla says this shouldnt happen.

I dont get the "nost likely would break on downgrade"
Where is that stated? anywhere - except for announcements after my incident?
I did btw this downgrade before.
Why did I downgrade ?
Because I was on a 1.0.7.16 fresh update where the sailfish-browser would crash as uset and only start as root!
How did that happen?
No freaking clue, this was a fresh update, and also tried removing and installing sailfish-browser (and sailfish-browser-settings, since the issue seemed related to user unable to read settings, from output shown in terminal)
Fair enough, I agree with the fact a flashable image is needed, but thats more due to the fact Jolla can't distribute the qualcomm binaries.

Break things not with a Jolla, but usually things in general break after downgrading, or atleast in my experience they have.

The Following User Says Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
These are great btw http://www.ebay.ie/itm/300941587655

Universal external battery chargers, that work also with Jolla batteries.
Thanks again,
I recieved this charger today.
It wirks great, easy adjustable for different batterytypes (pins that connect to battery can be individually moved to fit battery, and the grip that holds battery slides to the right with a spring. It holk ds the battery quite firm in place, and the pins connecting to the battery arr also pulled inwards by the battery (like springs).
The LCD shows a charging battery, but (probably) not when battery is fully charged. But it serves to show that the battery is connected, and charging.
It also holds a USB port - didnt use that though.
The powerplug was US style, with an adapter plug that fits nicely on to supply eg EU type current.

Oh, and it worked wonderful, my Jolla is now updating once more from a factory restore in recovery mode!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:

Tags
failfish, not unlike