Notices

Hi there.
On spare time I've implemented Vexed clone (vexed.sf.net).
I'm not good in game GUI programming. And if this game will gain some interest I consider to share sources on public site so enthusiasts can fix ugly gui, add features.

Find the game in attachment.

And big thanks to Appiah from #maemo to first beta-testing it.

UPDATE: Package home at garage (release & sources are here):

https://garage.maemo.org/projects/vexed
Attached Files
File Type: deb qexed_1.0_armel.deb (107.1 KB, 363 views)

Last edited by kenga; 2010-09-24 at 10:13.

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to kenga For This Useful Post:
Hello.

i TOTALLY loved your effort here... im a programmer myself, but i haven't tried doing something on Maemo yet.

a couple things about your port:
- do you think you could make it support natively a portrait mode? playing it in landscape its a good thing, but a native portrait mode would be a killer feat.

- do you think you could increase the resolution? the graphics are good as they are right now (they are the original graphics, as far as i can tell), but for me, having a bigger playfield would be even better.

- one question here: did you include every level pack released or do we have to look for them and include them later? (i checked on the level pack option, but im not sure if those level packs listed there, are included...). I have the NDS port of this game (you can tell i love it by now, no?), and they have plenty of levels, maybe we can get the level info from there and include them here?

- i remember playing a PC version of this game named PUZZLIC. They released something like 800 levels, and the game has some nice graphics... if you want, i can contribute with porting levels from there or something... if you have a level editor, that'd be great, if not, lemme know how can i contribute!

anyway, once again, thanks for porting this baby... i'd love if you keep developing it a lil more, to make it perfect... lemme know if i can help you with something.

Posts: 433 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ U.K
Originally Posted by kenga View Post
Hi there.
On spare time I've implemented Vexed clone (vexed.sf.net).
I'm not good in game GUI programming. And if this game will gain some interest I consider to share sources on public site so enthusiasts can fix ugly gui, add features.

Find the game in attachment.

And big thanks to Appiah from #maemo to first beta-testing it.
Your my hero. Thanks for this. will test after work

Screenshot please, or it doesn't exist

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Please state in the subject line and/or opening post what Maemo version this is for since posting in the generic "Games" section.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
On of my all time favorites. I was thinking about requesting this one.
Gonna try it later.

Posts: 117 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Manchester, England
Love this!!

Originally Posted by xabaras View Post
Screenshot please, or it doesn't exist
it DOES exists... just follow the link to sourceforge, and you'll see what the game is about.

and the game is for MAEMO5 (N900), i tried it as soon as i saw the link, and works marvelous... we need more love for this one, i wish i could make some good graphics for it.... but i can try hehe.

Posts: 117 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Manchester, England
Any chance it can remember what level you was on last? Everytime I restart the game I struggle to remember the last level I was on and have to flick through all the levels.
Other than the above, small niggle, the game is spot on. Thanks!!

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
works well, graphics seem fine for what the game is. if i dont smash my phone through frustration i'm gonna have a thorough knowledge of beatles singles by the time i'm done with it.

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.