for some reason i cant get pr1.2. my carrier is telcel, from mexico.
on the OTA app, i can see waht apps are able to update, but i cant install , maybe cause they need the pr.1.2. Apps like facebook v1.2.40+0m7, twitter, the store, etc. PLEASE HELP MEE!!

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
The app updates you're seeing have nothing to do with the recent PR1.2 release.
If it's a telco branded phone you won't get it right away.
telco's can take forever to approve the appropriate fw, sometimes they never do.
Aside from that it's not rolled-out to every region at the same time.
So even if you had a unbranded (unlocked) N9, you'd still have to wait till it's in your region.
Do some searching on how to use navifirm...
Once you're familiar with it you may decide to manually flash/update.
Because if you don't do that, you may be waiting for one, two, three mths, or forever.
Also often the update appears sooner in NSU than it does via OTA.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Ok, i'll be wating for the navi sw V30 release to flash my phone. A think i cant believe Is that Is not possible to change the product code with jaf...

You don't have to change prod code, it may be possible to use one of the other fw images.
Please, don't keep this thread going....
There's so many threads about updating/flashing that it's not funny anymore.
Find them, take some time to read them, & you will have no problem.
If you are still confused, ask your questions in one of them...

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
You don't have to change prod code, it may be possible to use one of the other fw images.
Please, don't keep this thread going....
There's so many threads about updating/flashing that it's not funny anymore.
Find them, take some time to read them, & you will have no problem.
If you are still confused, ask your questions in one of them...
Its not available on Navifirm at the mo sadly - so product code route may be the only way.
C
- Still waiting on PR1.1 on my Swedish model - time to change product code I think...!

The Following User Says Thank You to chrisp7 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Northern NJ
I'm having difficulty upgrading as well. The update appears on my phone, and I've successfully downloaded it, however, when I try to install the update, the N9 gets stuck at 0% and reads, "Update Interrupted" and asks me to either "try Again" or "cancel" I've rebooted the phone and "tried again" several times, but still no luck. Anyone have any idea what the problem may be? I was thinking of deleting the download file and then re-downloading it and trying the update again. Would this help? If you think it will, where does the download file get saved to?

Originally Posted by chrisp7 View Post
Its not available on Navifirm at the mo sadly - so product code route may be the only way.
C
- Still waiting on PR1.1 on my Swedish model - time to change product code I think...!
Really, none of the images?
Haven't had a chance to read all the latest 1.2 threads yet, thanks.

Originally Posted by pathmarkpolice View Post
I'm having difficulty upgrading as well. The update appears on my phone, and I've successfully downloaded it, however, when I try to install the update, the N9 gets stuck at 0% and reads, "Update Interrupted" and asks me to either "try Again" or "cancel" I've rebooted the phone and "tried again" several times, but still no luck. Anyone have any idea what the problem may be? I was thinking of deleting the download file and then re-downloading it and trying the update again. Would this help? If you think it will, where does the download file get saved to?
main thread here
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82612&page=19

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
main thread here
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82612&page=19
Thanks, will read through this and see what the deal is. I don't mind waiting if there's a problem with the update procedure, I have back up phones but I cut my sim card to work with this one.

Wow, so it looks like a lot of people are having problems not only getting the update to install, but having the update work properly. Looks like Nokia has a lot of damage control to do in the next couple of days.

The Following User Says Thank You to pathmarkpolice For This Useful Post: