Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 123 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Prague, Czech
Yes ..
- but normaly for users "H2 2014 = 7-8/2014" ..
- but as we know Jolla for months .. H2 2014 = 12/2014 .. maybe .. if miracle do it. ..

Jolla lost credibility/trustfulness by hiding some infos or not solving some things in past ..

The Following User Says Thank You to Kaacz For This Useful Post:
H2 is H2. If you expect Month 7 or 8 to be H2, then the problem is you, not Jolla. Hell, even Q3 could be Month 9.....

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Morpog For This Useful Post:
Posts: 123 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Prague, Czech
Originally Posted by Morpog View Post
H2 is H2. If you expect Month 7 or 8 to be H2, then the problem is you, not Jolla. Hell, even Q3 could be Month 9.....
"H2 = 12th month" is always developer look.

This is always about diplomacy.
If company say "in Q4" and do it in Q3 => company is God. Nobody hate "done" before deadline.
If company say "in H2" and do it in second half of Q3 => company is loser with luck to "done it".
This is normal business look from PoV masses/users. Unfortunately..

We all know "better later but right". We may understand this.. and maybe we want be surprised by earlier "done".

But unfulfilled promises are wrong. For example things for PR hype on medial monster actions: Rovio AngryBirds, Younited client .. how many months? scared silence about this ... sad. With each PR action we got only new promises.. It's not good.. really..

Simply - it's time to fulfill old promises ..

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
Jesus if i sensed what hell is breaking loose i'd have never contributed to this thread.
I can live with a spare battery even in December, as long as I can get one, before my battery breaks down or gets too weak .
Of course it would be nice, if it doesn't take so long.
yeah, its been said since dec 2013 that it "will come"

Originally Posted by Thoke View Post
PS: anybody heard how the extra-battery TOH project is going? Haven't heard anything about it lately...
I see you got the point at the end :P

Well Jolla as it was stated is not an average company, it is "unlike". Jolla created high expectations last year and it was pumping that atmosphere, but then the reality has struck after launch. If Marc Dillon (and similar to him in Jolla) wouldn't be repeating same old bs all the time... there would be less complains. He could have stated from begining that we are yet another average company that wants to rip off our clients with service costs, poor quality hw with issues and other gotchas. We've heard something completely different from Marc and other Jolla stars.

Now look here:
http://web.archive.org/web/201310060....3.dk/d/jolla/

Then compare it with current website:
http://www.3.dk/

Where is that Jolla link on bottom? It disappeared.

What about Portugese operator?
http://www.jollatides.com/2013/12/03...stop-portugal/

There was even nice movie with Tomi:
http://www.dinheirovivo.pt/videos/in...ent_id=3761244

It leads to conclusion that Jolla has already lost a lot. All the main news smart gadget websites like The Verge, Engadget has put a bucket with cold water on Jolla's heads. I remember how they in Jolla were really shocked and blamed everything on the fact that those tech portals haven't understand the UI and everything... It was easier, than accepting, that our product might not be that good.

My old post on Sailfish-Devel still applies regarding how Jolla works:
https://lists.sailfishos.org/piperma...ay/004189.html

tl;dr:
Sick perfectionism and denying mistakes.

PS. Where is Sailfish Alliance? Who is member of that? Where are the sales numbers of the phone? Will we ever learn?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fk_lx For This Useful Post:
The problem is that Jolla abused the meaning of the word "soon". For them everything is soon and that usually means after long time or never.

its not about hate, its about whats missing in a (for many) good device, myself included. But - I cant work with a device that is more or less unsupported by the manufacturer towards developers.
At least not for long.
So, who wants to buy ?
Speaking of it, interrest seems really low wonder why ?

Maybe people hope you 'll change your mind?

The Following User Says Thank You to 243kof For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by 243kof View Post
Maybe people hope you 'll change your mind?
LOL, yeah, make me unable to sell.
No really, as said in my WTS thread, people on IRC within few minutes started popping ideas for creating a fastboot image.
So, for me, that was a major issue. And I want to give that a shot.
I hope together with Jolla we will enable an image that is also allowed to distribute, legally.
Possibly with users requested to do some work to finish a complete image, but if tools can be created to help that process, I would say that is a feasable way.
No news for that yet, other than ideas have popped.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread