Active Topics

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
No news for that yet, other than ideas have popped.
The problem is that ideas pop out when source of bad smell has already hit the fan, before that they are simply ignored. During such storms also some less important bits of code are opened for PR reasons to turn away people's attention from the main problem that started the topic. After some time everything goes back to normal and Jolla goes back to same old track of ignoring problems, until ...
... next storm happens.

It's all so predictable - we've seen that many times.

Last edited by fk_lx; 2014-08-20 at 10:43.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by fk_lx View Post
The problem is that ideas pop out when source of bad smell has already hit the fan, before that they are simply ignored. During such storms also some less important bits of code are opened for PR reasons to turn away people's attention from the main problem that started the topic. After some time everything goes back to normal and Jolla goes back to same old track of ignoring problems, until ...
... next storm happens.

It's all so predictable - we've seen that many times.
True, but I prefer that hopefully we can move forward. I have hopes, also because Stefano was involved in this storm

Originally Posted by Boxeri View Post
And we needed this thread because? The topic definitely is misleading in contrast to contexts.

Well, perfect example how whiners are always the loudest and haters gonna hate no matter what.

Points to Benny1967 for making justified arguments, liked them.

Hopefully discussion continues elsewhere on some other form than "me wants it, like I say I wan't it. Me, me,me"

Sorry that I contributed even this post to this kindergarten level debate forum topic.
Yes, I clearly see your contributions on this forum as a valued contributor, developer and problem solver, not many times you asked developers to add functionality or services that YOU need

Thank you dear valued member for this very helpfull input and contributing to make Jolla an even better device, surely it has all support that is needed, and we all need to just shut the f... up and enjoy what are being offered,

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
hillarious thread !

dont know what would be jollas fate in india people are actually unlike here

Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
There's few companies that communicate as much and openly as Jolla. I sometimes wonder if it isn't too much. (Like when they explained their database problem during the launch period; I wouldn't have done that.)
(stating the obvious, but I no longer speak on Jolla's behalf at all, this is me, as a person, speaking)

There's plenty of other similar examples, too. Like some people having SIM issues: statement was, to contact care, and get it fixed. That statement came (externally) more or less as soon as people knew what the problem was, despite some claims that Jolla were ignoring the problem (no), or didn't want to talk about it (no), etc.

(This was, in my opinion, a pretty good turnaround time, given that it was around Christmas, soon after our initial launch when everyone was exhausted, and probably involved talking to people across continents to try get it resolved.. Complex things take time.)

Mini-rant: speaking as a (now ex-insider who has trouble detaching from things..), I get so frustrated seeing the obvious desire for improvement that some people in the community have about their various issues. I know I'm not alone in that basket: Jolla is full of very dedicated people, who all want to do the best that they can for each and every one of you.

But there are only so many hours in a day. You have to try your best & fix the most urgent things on the top of the pile, and hope that you get to it One Day.

I think that sometimes, this problem isn't readily visible outside the company, or is instead misinterpreted by some people as "they don't care/don't want to/hate us all/?", but take it from me: that really isn't the story at all.

And sure, you can say "but being small isn't an excuse", and no, of course it isn't. But it's the reality. And sometimes, reality isn't ideal.

The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
@w00t
Thank you for that really honest post! That is exactly what we miss(or at least I do). That type of communication!
Have in mind, that many of us are actually eager for Jolla to improve, to be the best, to rise and shine. And when that hope is not realized we feel disappointed and left alone. And may lose our temper.
But as you wrote above - that(being disappointed in our case) is not an excuse, but reality. And often it is not ideal.

The Following User Says Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
I give up LOL
since you ha e the information, please tell me

when approximately will spare battery be available
Just some food for thought...

Since you don't seem to like the current status quo of "in the future", let me ask you: how would you prefer questions like this to be answered?

1. Should Jolla say "we don't know" - as in not tell you anything at all about future thoughts/plans (likely the truth in this case, or other cases that aren't a priority)?
2. Should Jolla ignore you?
3. Or should Jolla say what they _hope_ will happen?

None of those are great.

But if you answered "1" or "2", you're basically getting what many other companies would do in this situation. Not at all open, not at all interactive or friendly.

Last edited by w00t; 2014-08-20 at 23:07.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by w00t View Post
(stating the obvious, but I no longer speak on Jolla's behalf at all, this is me, as a person, speaking)
When did you leave them & why?
I hope it was on completely good terms.

You were a very good communicator for them.
Not the only one, but certainly one of the few good ones.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by w00t View Post
Since you don't seem to like the current status quo of "in the future", let me ask you: how would you prefer questions like this to be answered?

1. Should Jolla say "we don't know" - as in not tell you anything at all about future thoughts/plans (likely the truth in this case, or other cases that aren't a priority)?
2. Should Jolla ignore you?
3. Or should Jolla say what they _hope_ will happen?

None of those are great.

But if you answered "1" or "2", you're basically getting what many other companies would do in this situation. Not at all open, not at all interactive or friendly.
Personally I think it's much smarter to stick to 1. most of the time, if/where possible.
3. is what I've noticed Jolla does way too much of, & it hurts them longer-term...
Just be brutally honest, people need to hear the "God's honest truth", not what you think they'd like to hear.
Now that's truly "unlike", but in reality I don't expect it to happen very often...

That combined with more restrained comms (official/unofficial) is prolly the best approach from here onwards.
I think too much comms (or a bit too much of the wrong kind of comms) has been Jolla's undoing in many ways.
Less of the feel good marketing fluff* & platitude answers, more brutal honesty + heavy disclaimers that it's based on info. you have now.

*Marc & some of the more publicly visible/interactive leaders are especially cringe-worthy here

Last edited by jalyst; 2014-08-21 at 02:55.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
I agree with Jalyst
Since You dont know, you cant say precisely, and the answers from both Stefano and later JollaHQ I have accepted.
I dont like these answers, but they are answers, and in my believe "good enough"

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread