Active Topics

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
MWKN Weekly News: 28 January 2013

Updates on maemo.org community infrastructure move

The infrastructure migration is making progress, but a number of bumps in the road have delayed the completion:
Since my last update we seen further outages of FW [firewall], database (unconfirmed, indication been 503 on maemo.org), and FW again and again. Currently everything came to a grinding halt again (as usual except this forum, which - despite on same rack - doesn't run thru the FW). Alas my access to that FW is still limited (actually non-existent) so I hope for Eero to at least give it another kick in a few hours, before he leaves for weekend. Sorry for the inconvenience. On the bright side: Ferenc fixed a few bugs in garage, so stuff should work better there now. Pali already said he been able to check in stuff for the first time since ages :-). Well, as long as you can reach it...
Many thanks to everyone involved in the migration process. It's not been an easy job for any of them, but their hard work and dedication is appreciated. Be sure to consider hitting the donation jar for the Hildon Foundation if you appreciate the services that maemo.org provides. The infrastructure is completely community-financed now and every little bit helps.
Read more (talk.maemo.org)

In this edition...
  1. Front Page
    • Updates on maemo.org community infrastructure move
  2. Applications
    • Friends - a new Harmattan Facebook client
    • Soundwave - music recognition for Harmattan
  3. Community
    • Infrastructure of MeeGo project "ramping down"
  4. In the Wild
    • 5 lessons Jolla can learn from Nokia

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post: