Active Topics

Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
I used SyncEvolution to sync my Contacts to the Memotoo service. It took hours to do and never fully completed. I had to cancel the process in the end. Upon rebooting my phone, I found my Contacts had all gone. Luckily I had exported them as vcards earlier and imported them all back in again.

After my next reboot, I found that my Contacts had gone again. And I had to re-import them again. And so on and so on. This went on for about a month and I had no idea why.

Until, I had the idea to uninstall SyncEvolution. And ta-dah, my Contacts were back and have been ever since.

I also used Ermie-NG to sync my Calendar and it ended up duplicating all my entries and I had to delete my Calendar and re-install it from the internal backup I made before.

On both these occasions, it's lucky that I had made backups beforehand otherwise the consequences (for me personally) would have been a disaster.

And all this from using HALF ARSED and HALF FINISHED methods of syncing my important data.

Is it not the purpose of these syncing systems to actually safeguard your data, not destroy it?

I will never ever ever again use any kind of syncing software on the N900.

It's too risky and there is too much to lose.

Last edited by JamesBond@ge; 2011-08-23 at 19:46.

so far the nuevasync give me a great experience.