Hello, all.

I noticed the N9's default Gallery app won't display full-resolution photos taken by my Nokia 808, saying they are too large. Is there a known mod for the Gallery to allow viewing larger photos? Or perhaps a separate app designed for this purpose? Or must I manually resize each photo for proper display on the N9?

And what is generally considered the "best" POP e-mail client for the N9? I used ProfiMail with Symbian, because unlike the default Mail app it could support large sized file attachments, et cetera. I haven't tried the default Mail app for N9 as I can only assume there is something available that is more feature rich.

Suggestions appreciated, thanks.

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
As far as I know we are stuck with the stupid built in mail client. Which sucks. Hard.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Austria/Germany
why?

mail works for me...

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
because it lags like hell (search is almost unusable due to lag), it takes the system down with it if you have thousands of mails, you can't edit quoted text (or even copy it for interleaved posting), you can't add attachments from the filesystem (only 'supported' files, try adding 2 tarballs as attachment to one mail, impossible)

The only good thing about it it is that it's superfast in notifications. It even beats gmail web app.

Edit: and because it confuses the "scroll this mail horizontally" and "go to previous/next mail functions"

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Last edited by qwazix; 2012-12-08 at 00:18.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
I would be willing to pay for a good email/calendar/contact app and capable of push functionality with multiple accounts without draining the battery. (currently one is ok, 2 and more kills your battery)

Last edited by KTy; 2012-12-02 at 02:10.

Posts: 158 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Timisoara, Romania
I think is too late by now

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
The closest to a better mail client is the Kontact Touch Suite which however works in landscape orientation only so n950 or n955 only for a full-fledged experience

Damn.

How about the Gallery problem? Any solution other than resizing all of my photos?

Originally Posted by Arf the Lab View Post
Damn.

How about the Gallery problem? Any solution other than resizing all of my photos?
i have 808 and n9 too. uploading to dropbox/imgurup/wazapp/etc2 is the only reason i transfer picture from my 808 to n9 . i dont need to open the picture...what's yours? unless you want to edit the picture..

Originally Posted by soryuuha View Post
i have 808 and n9 too. uploading to dropbox/imgurup/wazapp/etc2 is the only reason i transfer picture from my 808 to n9 . i dont need to open the picture...what's yours? unless you want to edit the picture..
I noted everything in my original post...

I noticed the N9's default Gallery app won't display full-resolution photos taken by my Nokia 808, saying they are too large. Is there a known mod for the Gallery to allow viewing larger photos? Or perhaps a separate app designed for this purpose? Or must I manually resize each photo for proper display on the N9?

I don't carry my 808 with me, anymore. But I took a lot of photos with it, which I transferred to the N9. I want to be able to look at those photos wherever I'm at. That's all I want to do.

Last edited by Arf the Lab; 2012-12-03 at 04:34.