Notices

Hi guys,
probably many of us know the "Ford SYNC with SMS reader".

I'm working on an application that do this: it reads SMS when the phone is connected to the car bluetooth.

Well, at the moment it isn't a complete application, it is a bash script.

Till now, it can manage and read SMS recognizing when the phone is connect to the bluetooth car. It marks as read the messages after reading. It delete the operator messages that are marked as spam by the user, and some other things.

But there is a problem.

Bluetooth audio is active only in two ways:
1) the car audio in setted on bluetooth channel.
2) the car audio is setted in any other channel and a call is arriving.
My intention is to make audible messages when the selected channel isn't the bluetooth channel in the same way of when a call is arriving.

What I need:
is there a dbus command that executed in the phone, it asks to the car audio to set the channel in bluetooth to hear the phone?
I'm sure that this command exist, because it is used by the phone in the second scenario, but I do not know it.

Someone can help?

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ilmanowar For This Useful Post:
Anybody can help?
OK, as soon I can debug this dbus-command I will post the solution.

I tried it several times, there is a dbus message that override blue-tooth rules when phone is receiving a phone-call to put the radio/mp3-player in pause and hear only the phone-call.
But I cannot decode the correct dbus message to emulate this condition when a sms is received to be read by espeak.
Anyway I attach the code of the bash script, it would be run with crone or alarmed.
This system work well if the car-audio-system is permanently tuned to phone audio out.

PS: please be patient if the files contains some errors, I rapidly remove personal data and translated to English from my native language.

Enjoy!!!
Attached Files
File Type: zip readsms.zip (3.1 KB, 50 views)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ilmanowar For This Useful Post:
luf started working on getting some of this supported directly bluez so the car would be able to read them without espeak. The code is in place to advertise that the phone now supports MAP but it doesn't have the necessary code to send/reply the information to the car, ie inbox appears empty on the Blue&Me system in my Abarth (also used on Fiat/Alfa).

There is a Qt implementation in the Harmattan version IIRC which he may/may not have tried to port. As a I recall, testing it with a script from laptop allowed me to retrieve a list of available folders (ie inbox) but not receive the content. That needs implementing as does monitor/notification of new messages.

Might take another look at it at some stage.