Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
So I presume latrace is the only one you can upgrade because its for free; have you tried uninstalling latrace first. It can always be installed to the latest version later on but first uninstall it to see if your icon issues still trouble you...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 259 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Athens, GR
~ # apt-get upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following packages will be upgraded:
chaos-control flowplayer latrace
meegotouchhome-nokia-settings squareit
5 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and0 not upgraded.
Need to get 2,815kB of archives.
After this operation, 640kB of additional diskspace will be used.
Y
WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
latrace
Install these packages without verification [y/ Y
Get:1 [715kB]
0% [1 chaos-control 0B] [Connecting to harmatt../../../lib/SignOn/identityimpl.cpp 105 updateState Updating state: PendingRegistration
../../../lib/SignOn/authsessionimpl.cpp 178 initInterface
../../../lib/SignOn/authsessionimpl.cpp 280 process sending to queue
0% [1 chaos-control 0B] [Connecting to harmatt../../../lib/SignOn/identityimpl.cpp 105 updateState Updating state: Ready
../../../lib/SignOn/dbusoperationqueuehandler.cpp 131 execQueuedOperations Executing cached oparation: SIGNATURE: process(SessionData,QString)
../../../lib/SignOn/dbusoperationqueuehandler.cpp 138 execQueuedOperations
../../../lib/SignOn/authsessionimpl.cpp 276 process sending to daemon
0% [1 chaos-control 0B] [Connecting to harmatt../../../lib/SignOn/authsessionimpl.cpp 172 checkConnection
Get:2 http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com harmattan/sdk/free latrace 0.5.11-2~git2849dc0+0m6 [161kB]
1% [1 chaos-control 0B] [2 latrace 29.5kB/161kQNetworkReplyImpl::_q_startOperation was calledmore than once
2% [1 chaos-control 0B] [2 latrace 68.5kB/161kFatal error: Server sent invalid DownloadUrl
Err
Sub-process returned an error code
Get:3 [1,150kB]
2% [3 flowplayer 0B] [2 latrace 82.4kB/161kB 5../../../lib/SignOn/identityimpl.cpp 105 updateState Updating state: PendingRegistration
../../../lib/SignOn/identityimpl.cpp 105 updateState Updating state: Ready
../../../lib/SignOn/dbusoperationqueuehandler.cpp 131 execQueuedOperations Executing cached oparation: SIGNATURE: process(SessionData,QString)
3% [3 flowplayer 0B] [2 latrace 88.7kB/161kB 5../../../lib/SignOn/authsessionimpl.cpp 172 checkConnection
4% [3 flowplayer 0B] [2 latrace 123kB/161kB 76QNetworkReplyImpl::_q_startOperation was calledmore than once
5% [3 flowplayer 0B] 7,171B/s 6min 10sFatal error: Server sent invalid DownloadUrl
Err
Get:4 [615kB]
5% [4 squareit 0B] 7,171B/s 6min 10s../../../lib/SignOn/identityimpl.cpp 105 updateState Updating state: PendingRegistration
5% [4 squareit 0B] 7,171B/s 6min 10s../../../lib/SignOn/authsessionimpl.cpp 172 checkConnection
5% [4 squareit 0B]QNetworkReplyImpl::_q_startOperation was called more than once
5% [4 squareit 0B]Fatal error: Server sent invalid DownloadUrl
Err
Get:5 [174kB]
5% [5 meegotouchhome-nokia-settings 0B]../../../lib/SignOn/identityimpl.cpp 105 updateState Updating state: PendingRegistration
5% [5 meegotouchhome-nokia-settings 0B]../../../lib/SignOn/authsessionimpl.cpp 172 checkConnection
5% [5 meegotouchhome-nokia-settings 0B]QNetworkReplyImpl::_q_startOperation was called more than once
5% [5 meegotouchhome-nokia-settings 0B]Fatal error: Server sent invalid DownloadUrl
Err
Fetched 161kB in 1min 7s (2,393B/s)
Failed to fetch exec:////usr/bin/osa --get 'chaos-control' Sub-process returned an error code
Failed to fetch exec:////usr/bin/osa --get 'flowplayer' Sub-process returned an error code
Failed to fetch exec:////usr/bin/osa --get 'squareit' Sub-process returned an error code
Failed to fetch exec:////usr/bin/osa --get 'meegotouchhome-nokia-settings' Sub-process returned an error code
E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
So I presume latrace is the only one you can upgrade because its for free; have you tried uninstalling latrace first. It can always be installed to the latest version later on but first uninstall it to see if your icon issues still trouble you...
Problem is I dont know what is this latrace... it does not appear in the applications list, not there is an icon in desktop. And to be honest, I dont know which application is this!

Does it have to do with this:
http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/docs/...g_latrace.html

If yes, how to uninstall it? It does not appear in Manage applications list...

apt-get purge latrace

I uninstall it alright, but when i try to activate again the dev-tracing tools, or uninstall anything else, it gives me error like cache is updating, so no possible to do anything...

Originally Posted by gsalone View Post
I uninstall it alright, but when i try to activate again the dev-tracing tools, or uninstall anything else, it gives me error like cache is updating, so no possible to do anything...
Give it a reboot and don't install any development tools while the icons issue is fixed...

Will do.. fingers crossed people!
I think I will never install anything from nokia store again..

Thank to thedead1440 for the patience and as always good tips

I just hate to love this phone so much...

No no, install apps as you used to; it makes no difference and the device is there to be abused not hidden away

Do update on the icons issue though