Active Topics

Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Dear misterc, I still miss your point, at very least in your last 3 posts. Could you please elaborate how the current situation is any different from that we would've seen if I had refused to accept the nomination? Hell, even to the situation if I hadn't withdrawn?
The only difference I see is that woody/council decided different on withdrawal of http://maemo.org/profile/view/howard/ and thus created a situation where neither 2 nor 4 were running, depending on whether both or none of us was "allowed" to withdraw, but now declared there's a council of 3 for 0.0 seconds, so elections are cancelled and I'm immediately dismissed after this initial period of 0.0 seconds from council. Read that again! That's exactly what council made of my opportunity I opened for them to extended nomination period and possibly enable proper council election and vote for you. Council obviously thought it's more in the interest of community to cancel council votes and ignore that opportunity, just so they now start *****ing at me about perceived damage done by me

@ivgalvez: I fail to see the damage I have done - you have a council of 2 without election now, you would've ended with a council of 2.1 (me being the 0.1) if I hadn't withdrawn. Pretty please elaborate where's the damage.
If you're talking about your flawed board election where you want to keep me on ballot but hope I'm not getting elected or whatever been your plans: The damage there done by SD69 since he convinced me I wouldn't want to run for that position either.

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2012-10-09 at 05:31.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
joerg, no disrespect meant but your 0.1 would have been beneficial instead of your removal of yourself from using your skill and knowledge at these very crucial moments.

you and mentalist bring a lot more to the table and when utilized, it's more than when it is not.

my personal opinion, nonetheless; however it's one that comes from respect and not any harshness.

if anything, we need more people pitching in, not *****ing out. you're a killer resource, one that we, the community, could afford to have more on our side than seemingly against the community or neutral to the community.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
As voter, I have a practical problem related to the elections: the email address in my maemo account is obsolete, and no matter how many times I try to edit it, in 24h or less it gets restored to the old one.
How to fix that and/or how otherwise may I get the election ballot?

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 462 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ USA
According to the first post, the voting opened Saturday & eligible voters should have received an email already.

Apparently the eligibility is the same or nearly the same as those who were elgible to vote in the coding competition.

I received an email & voting procedure for voting for the coding competition & did so, but have not received one for the elections.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by rotoflex View Post
According to the first post, the voting opened Saturday & eligible voters should have received an email already.

Apparently the eligibility is the same or nearly the same as those who were elgible to vote in the coding competition.

I received an email & voting procedure for voting for the coding competition & did so, but have not received one for the elections.
I too haven't received a new token but reading your post I remembered it was discussed maybe that you must use the same token and same URL to vote for the elections too...

Just checked the URL page and it seems I was wrong or I'm simply blind...Could Council kindly clarify the situation?

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-10-09 at 10:22.

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
This whole thing is past the point of being ridiculous.

So, I'm making an executive decision. If this is the last thing I do as Chair and/or Council, so be it. At least I'll have gone out doing what I think is right.

As Council Chair, I'm declaring Council nominations to be retroactively re-opened until October 28th, and voting will occur for Council from November 2nd through the 8th. As such, we now have three candidates for Council. I encourage others to consider their own nomination for Council as well.

As for a decision on the process going forward with the Board, that's still in debate at the moment internally. I suspect that as we had enough candidates for the Board to hold an election, the Board nomination period will probably not be reopened or extended.

To date no election has been started, probably because of valid confusion around what's going on. I am hopeful that said confusion will be clarified soon. Regardless, when there is movement on this topic I will make that information available here as soon as I possibly can.

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
Dear misterc, I still miss your point, at very least in your last 3 posts. Could you please elaborate how the current situation is any different from that we would've seen if I had refused to accept the nomination? Hell, even to the situation if I hadn't withdrawn?
The only difference I see is that woody/council decided different on withdrawal of http://maemo.org/profile/view/howard/ and thus created a situation where neither 2 nor 4 were running, depending on whether both or none of us was "allowed" to withdraw, but now declared there's a council of 3 for 0.0 seconds, so elections are cancelled and I'm immediately dismissed after this initial period of 0.0 seconds from council. Read that again! That's exactly what council made of my opportunity I opened for them to extended nomination period and possibly enable proper council election and vote for you. Council obviously thought it's more in the interest of community to cancel council votes and ignore that opportunity, just so they now start *****ing at me about perceived damage done by me

[...]
Joerg,

apologies if i sounded sarcastic or harsh in the last few pages but as Gerbick pointed out correctly, what we need now is people IN the Community, whether in the Council or elsewhere.

personally, the only function i still see for Council is answering "the red phone", that is if NOKIA wanted something from (or ideally, to) the Community, then Council would be their... preferred way of contacting us.
how likely is that?

is there anything you would like to contribute to this Community you can't do unless you are member of the Council?

EDIT: this being said, being part of the Council is as good a place to start as any other
personally, i finally got around to install Tubuntu (Trinity Desktop ontop of Kubuntu...) and am going to download the repositories and create local repos...
so far, nothing of big interest for the Community, right?
well, i feel that as much as repositories is an important thing, the cost of server and network is if not prohibitive at least a serious point to consider.
using torrents could circumvent that even though it would require anyone interested in setting up a N900 to download the whole repository...

Last edited by misterc; 2012-10-09 at 18:41. Reason: why not Council...

The Following User Says Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
Woody, awesome that you're reopening the elections, et al. I hope that it'll be widely accepted and a "reset" of sorts happens.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I nominate gerbick and don_falcone.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
I nominate gerbick and don_falcone.
don, yes. gerbick, no.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: