Originally Posted by coderus View Post
so, it means sim error or network error. nitdroid working fine
No....because i cannot access gprs data

need quick answer. can i use

sudo flasher -a firmware.bin -k zImage_2.6.32.54-ubiboot-02-small_060114 --flash-only=kernel -f -R

instead of

sudo flasher -a firmware.bin -k zImage_2.6.32.54-ubiboot-02_301013 --flash-only=kernel -f -R

The Following User Says Thank You to master9997 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Afaik yes.
Iirc this kernel (stripped out some modules) was built by juiceme for some HW variants which had problems when flashing such a big kernel.
You may use the 'search in thread' or wait for juiceme's confirmation.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
so, it means sim error or network error.

Originally Posted by FAN"9"user View Post
No....because i cannot access gprs data
That's what @coderus means; there's something hazy with your SIM/subscription perhaps.
Please try with another SIMcard.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
That's what @coderus means; there's something hazy with your SIM/subscription perhaps.
Please try with another SIMcard.

YUP..other card work well....Hate my Network Operator

The Following User Says Thank You to FAN"9"user For This Useful Post:
Hello everyone,

Do I need to go through this huge threat to make my N9 multiboot (and start loading many different OS flavours) according to the latest and greatest available multiboot utility or is there a place when I can have latest instruction and download links?

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
No.
Yes. There you find everything (with detailed instructions given by juiceme).

Another spoon feeded.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 42 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Jan 2015 @ Italy
hello, nice work, i've used it for some time and i'm quite happy with it (maybe i'll be able to boot a linux distro in fb with fbvkbd with it, just for fun lol)
that said, i'm having issues removing entries from ubiboot
i don't understand exactly which files should i edit, for now i've figured out

animated_menu_top.map
ubiboot.conf (setting the new $G_UBIBOOT_ARCHIVE)

what else i'm missing?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to u7knv9h For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by u7knv9h View Post
that said, i'm having issues removing entries from ubiboot
i don't understand exactly which files should i edit, for now i've figured out

animated_menu_top.map
ubiboot.conf (setting the new $G_UBIBOOT_ARCHIVE)

what else i'm missing?
If you mean by "removing entries", that you want to have only the icons for some options in screen, like for example only Harmattan and Nitdroid, and remove everything else, then it is easy.
  • 1.) download the source toolkit; "svn co https://toosa.swagman.org/svn/animatronics" or in case you cannot resolve IP address of toosa (as seems to happen sometimes) then do "svn co https://88.115.66.252/svn/animatronics" instead.
  • 2.) edit the file "create_animations.sh" so that you replace the icon file definitions on rows 33...40 of the icons you do not need by "empty_200x200.png" (it is as name says, an empty icon, not showing on screen)
  • 3.) edit the file "menuscripts/animated_menu_top.map" so that you comment out the wanted touch map (lines 19...26) by putting a #-mark in the beginning of the lines.
  • 4.) compile the new archive by running the script "./create_animations.sh"
  • 5.) pack the archive to cpio by command "./pack_cpio.sh --create animatronics.tar"

That's all you need to do really, no need to modify ubiboot.conf unless you want to add or remove kernels.

If you want to have more than one CPIO available in your device, you can rename your freshly created "ubiboot-02.menus.cpio" to something else, and then put that name in the definition line "G_UBIBOOT_ARCHIVE=" of your ubiboot.conf but that is not necessary really.

(BTW there is also the README file in the animatronics subdirectory, which tells you pretty much this same thing )

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 64 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Tehran - Iran
Hi
There is my friend Ubiboot.log and Ubiboot.conf and screenshot from /boot/ and /home/user/MyDocs/boot/.
He couldn't boot Nitdroid, he says the phone goes off after selecting any kernel for nitdroid.
I think kernels and Ubiboot config and ... are true (from blow selection of log)
Code:
Mar  2 11:22:57 (none) user.notice root: Selecting Nitdroid OS, running kernel /boot/Nitdroid/boot/zImage.pr13
Mar  2 11:22:58 (none) user.notice root: Loading kernel /boot/Nitdroid/boot/zImage.pr13
Mar  2 11:22:58 (none) user.notice root: kexec_load() successful
Mar  2 11:22:58 (none) user.notice root: Restarting to selected OS
Mar  2 11:22:58 (none) user.notice root: Saving ubiboot log files

Mar  2 11:29:08 (none) user.notice root: Selecting Nitdroid OS, running kernel /boot/Nitdroid/boot/zImage_e-yes_nitdroid+l2fix
Mar  2 11:29:10 (none) user.notice root: Loading kernel /boot/Nitdroid/boot/zImage_e-yes_nitdroid+l2fix
Mar  2 11:29:10 (none) user.notice root: kexec_load() successful
Mar  2 11:29:10 (none) user.notice root: Restarting to selected OS
Mar  2 11:29:10 (none) user.notice root: Saving ubiboot log files

Mar  2 12:12:38 (none) user.notice root: Selecting Nitdroid OS, running kernel /boot/Nitdroid/boot/zImage_adb_usb
Mar  2 12:12:39 (none) user.notice root: Cannot load Nitdroid kernel /boot/Nitdroid/boot/zImage_adb_usb
Mar  2 12:12:39 (none) user.notice root: Boot OS/kernel selection failed
Mar  2 12:12:39 (none) user.notice root: Saving ubiboot log files
But the problem is that the /dev/mmcblk0p3 on /mnt/3 Could not be mounted:
Code:
Mar  2 10:31:41 (none) user.notice root: Mounted /dev/mmcblk0p1 on /mnt/1 as VFAT
Mar  2 10:31:41 (none) user.notice root: Mounted /dev/mmcblk0p2 on /mnt/2 as EXT4
Mar  2 10:31:41 (none) user.notice root: Could not mount /dev/mmcblk0p3 on /mnt/3
Am I true?

What is the solution? A complete flash with full wipe the memory?

Thanks a lot
Attached Files
File Type: zip Ubi.zip (85.5 KB, 70 views)