Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
They don't mention their pre-order price guarantee on the N900's page though. Normally, when it's in effect, they promote it prominently. Furthermore, Amazon's pricing policy page does not mention electronics in the "Pre-Order Price Guarantee" section:

Emphasis added.

In short, I would not count on Amazon's pre-order price guarantee for the N900.
I remember receiving the same pre-order pricing guarantee on previous purchases for items *not* listed on that page. I followed up with Amazon because as you correctly pointed out, the page certainly makes it seem that the guarantee only applies to the listed items. Here's the reply I received:

-------------------------------
Hello from Amazon.com.

I understand that you've contacted us as you'd like to confirm if pre-order price guarantee is available on electronic goods such as cell phones.

I believe I can explain this for you.

Yes, pre-order price guarantee is available on electronic items.

Whenever you pre-order an item the price we charge when we ship it to you will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.com between the time you placed your order and the release date.

Please note that our Pre-Order Price Guarantee applies only to items sold by Amazon.com, and not to items (or prices) offered by other sellers on our site.

I've included some additional information below. Thanks for shopping at Amazon.com.

WHERE CAN I FIND MORE INFORMATION ABOUT AMAZON'S PRICING POLICIES?
Please visit our Help pages at:

http://www.amazon.com/o/tg/browse/-/468502/

Please let us know if this e-mail resolved your question:

If yes, click here:
http://www.amazon.com/rsvp-y?c=wduuegrg3431604782
If not, click here:
http://www.amazon.com/rsvp-n?c=wduuegrg3431604782

Please note: this e-mail was sent from an address that cannot accept incoming e-mail.

To contact us about an unrelated issue, please visit the Help section of our web site.

Best regards,

Prakash
Amazon.com
We're Building Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company
http://www.amazon.com/your-account
----------------------------------

The main condition to note is that the item has to be sold by Amazon.com, which is the case for the N900. My guess is that when someone wrote the pre-order price guarantee section, they were mentioning various items as *examples* as opposed to stipulating specific items that were covered on the guarantee. Methinks someone needs to go back and do some rewriting.

Last edited by BadMojoUT; 2009-09-16 at 16:58.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BadMojoUT For This Useful Post:
Posts: 109 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Caribbean
Originally Posted by texaslabrat View Post
Yes it is impossible unless you can bluetooth tether to a Sprint phone for 3G ......
DUN is not included in the N900 out-of-the-box. Other thread discussions say that this won't be difficult to implement and that the Maemo team has started work on it.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
It's sold out again.. up to #4 in Cell phone and services.

edit: it's back up again now. weird...

Last edited by ysss; 2009-09-16 at 17:47.

Still costs too much.

SEARCH! It's probably already been answered.

mm i want to pre-order this phone but not sure if from amazon or nokia and is amazon totally secured i think it is right ? and i live in michigan so am i a tax free ?
and what about the nokia warrenty does this one come with warrenty and sold from the same manufacturer that the nokia sell it ?
( i mean if it is made in finland in nokia store amazon sell it in finland or made in china ) thanks for ur help

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Chicago/D.C./Katowice
its the same product you'd get from nokia directly, either online or from the store(where it is made i don't know)

with amazon you never have to pay the tax

both amazon and nokia are secure websites no worries there

The Following User Says Thank You to UCOMM For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by UCOMM View Post
its the same product you'd get from nokia directly, either online or from the store(where it is made i don't know)

with amazon you never have to pay the tax

both amazon and nokia are secure websites no worries there
Well, "never" is a bit too strong.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...?nodeId=468512

Items sold by Amazon.com LLC, or its subsidiaries, and shipped to destinations in the states of Kansas, Kentucky, New York, North Dakota, or Washington are subject to tax.
If you were referring to the specific case of the shipping address being in Michigan...yes, Michigan is not subject to sales tax via Amazon orders. That said, if the item is being provided by a seller other than Amazon (and just using Amazon as a sales front), then sales tax might be applicable on a case-by-case basis.

Last edited by texaslabrat; 2009-09-16 at 18:59.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to texaslabrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
It's climbing up the Amazon sales chart by the hours... it's now at #3 item in Cell phone & services category..

Has anyone who holds a Nokia pre-order confirmation canceled and re-pre-ordered from Amazon?

Originally Posted by digittante View Post
Has anyone who holds a Nokia pre-order confirmation canceled and re-pre-ordered from Amazon?
I was under the impression that you *couldn't* cancel from nokia (based on numerous reports of people trying to do so during the 5800 and N97 launches). At best, you can send it back to them for a refund (at your own shipping expense). Alternatively, I guess you could report your credit card lost/stolen before they charged it and do it with the sledge-hammer approach.