Posts: 77 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by dcastrog View Post
Any one?? We would like to see this
cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/895626/4731866441_f37348315f.jpg
THIS IS a bad example of it. This one is very bad. Its very hard to pick it up on the camera I think, all it is, is the organic material in the pixels depleting, after showing the same things in the same area. This is why computers have screensaver. Well older monitors anyways. To stop burn in.

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Your display BROKEN! Go to Nokia Care and replace display FOR FREE!

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
i think part of the problem is the wording for the title of the post. For ex. You titled, screensaver for notification bar. A better title would be. :[REQUEST] Auto hiding status bar for nokia N9. as implemented on windows phone. live and learn i suppose.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ashbeck For This Useful Post:
Posts: 323 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tampico, México
Title changed

The Following User Says Thank You to dcastrog For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dcastrog View Post
Title changed

lets hope someone who knows how to do it sees/hears your request... Only thing I dislike about the auto hiding status bar of windows phone, is the fact you cannot choose when to hide and not to hide, eg, hiding when not in use is good, but there should be an option to switch auto hiding off for a while, ie you might be on the internet and want to know if it is slow because of network problems... As of now, microsoft has chosen, always hide when not in use apart from charging I think....

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
The developer of the N9 quicktweak app is Schturman, look him up here, send him a pm.

dcastrog your amoled is defective, once again go to Nokia Care and GET IT REPLACED FOR FREE.

Please everyone stop fanning the fire, some of these threads are getting ridiculous.

I have had my N9 since September 2011 and there have been no issues with it what-so-ever and I've flashed it over 100 times (10 times in the past 2 days alone) All of my errors are user errors, nothing more. Now please stup posting nonsense and uneducated opinions and start posting useful stuff.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Ashbeck View Post
try viewing on a pure white background, screen burn mainly affects people who leave their phone brightness on max nd the screen on for a long period of time, (most amoled screens of people who leave their screen on max plus always on, suffer from this) you have to look for it to see it, beware. Once you see it, it's hard to un-see. My phone does not have depleted pixels, but I saw it on the lumia 800 at CPW
Why would I want to look for a problem if I don't notice it in the first place? If I do that, I am more likely to create it, rather than discover it. I've only had my N9 for 3 months, but I have not noticed any burns on the screen, and if I do, I'll just go to Nokia care and have it replaced. As long as I don't notice it, I won't make any effort to look for it.

I know how to take care of my phone. Only an idiot would keep their phone's screen switched on, on maximum brightness, and only displaying the same thing (ex. a photo, or the news feed, or anything in the phone's interface) for an unreasonable amount of time (like 30 minutes to an hour).

Posts: 233 | Thanked: 491 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Sydney
I have had my N9 since Sept '11. Only "burn" I notice is on the Switcher HS when "Nothing Open Yet". You can see there are "blotches" but that is it.

I use my N9, for hours and hours on the lowest brightness and have never experienced this issue.

As others have said, yes it may be a nice feature, but get a replacement from Nokia Care

Hit thanks if I have helped in some way, or you agree with me

Twitter
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Battery Widget
#OperationUnicorn
Harmoji - Emoji for Harmattan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
N9 [Black] - Sailfish OS (1.x.x.xx)
N9 [White] - PR 1.3 [Stock]
N950 - Sailfish OS
Z10 LE - 10.2.1.1055
Dev Alpha C - 10.2.1.1055

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
I've had my N9 since Oct 2010, and haven't seen any burn effects on my display. And I've abused my device with max brightness & disable screensaver etc. So I would say useless feature.

If you have problems with your device, then go to Nokia Care.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Ashbeck View Post
cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/895626/4731866441_f37348315f.jpg
THIS IS a bad example of it. This one is very bad. Its very hard to pick it up on the camera I think, all it is, is the organic material in the pixels depleting, after showing the same things in the same area. This is why computers have screensaver. Well older monitors anyways. To stop burn in.
So can you provide us a screenshot of the effect in N9?

As your picture is from Samsung device (http://www.fevernet.com/viewthread.php?tid=74246).

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post: