Active Topics

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ France
Let me introduce you my first app for the sailfish system : tsumego, a simple go game which allow you to navigate and play little go problems.

The project is inspired by uligo, which is a similar project in python/tk (which I used to play on maemo) : the database parser and the problems collections are coming from this project.

This is a first screenshot of the project :

What's done yet :
  • load a problem collection and navigate into problems
  • free play with a loaded problem

What's to do :
  • check for correct/incorrect answer and navigate throught the solution tree
  • undo a move
  • library management (the file name is written in the code for now).
  • package and make it run on the phone (it has been run only in the sdk yet)

The code is available on my personnal git repo.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Chimrod For This Useful Post:
Hello !

I've made a package from the game : you can download it here. Copy it on the phone, and install the package has described in this post.

This a early release in order to check if everything runs has expected on the phone. And it is !

As said previously, you can choose a problem a start to play, but the phone does not tell you if your move is good or not. The aim of this release to test the game ergonomy (animations…)

Tell me if you test it, any feedback is welcome !

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Why not upload it on openrepos.net ?

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Why not upload it on openrepos.net ?
It's to early for that :

First there are some bugs. I've written some tests for the python part, not nothing in the qml/js part is tested for now. I even do not know how to use the existing framework tests form qml.

2. The basics functionality are missing. The game is still in developpement and I do not want to release it now. The public in this forum is different, and I will get better feedback from developpers here than from any user which will simply say « the game does not work ».

3. I did not licence my code. I've included code from uligo which is gpl v2. I have to check which licences are compatible before any public release. I like the wtfpl, but the gpl is quite restrictive and I do not know if both are compatible.

I've made the first tests in real condition, and I did not expected I to work. The game will be publish on openrepos, just give me some time !

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chimrod For This Useful Post:
Some news from the developpement :

I can't give the time I want to the project, but I'm still developping it.

I've resolved some bugs in the stone placement, and the last commit give the possibility to cancel a move. (I've updated the rpm given in the previous link.)

The next step is the solution tree !

The Following User Says Thank You to Chimrod For This Useful Post:
Just wondering, are you planning for integration with gnugo or similar, or do the problems cover all possible (wrong/bad) moves (ok all possible most likely not possible, but if there are comments why other fail would be nice)? In many chess problems at least why something is not the best move is not always obvious (even though much easier to test all moves), especially in problems that are not of the life/death variety, but advantageous tactical position etc, so playing with an engine to see other outcomes is helpful.

No, I do not plan to integrate with gnugo (but maybe some parts of the code could be reused for that…)

The game will only load a sgf library and allow to play inside the differents game recorded. Explanations for bad/good move are supposed to be in the library, not in the game itself. For now I'll reuse the datas from uligo, but you can get other problems in sgf format on the net (goproblems allow you to sell their library, but I didn't tried them).

Take a look to uligo to see what I want to get for my game.

The Following User Says Thank You to Chimrod For This Useful Post:
Hello,

After a long pause, I finaly released the first version on openrepos.

It provide two collections problems (from uligo), and the basics functionalities (undo, hint, variations…)

https://openrepos.net/content/chimrod/tsumego

Any comments are welcome !

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chimrod For This Useful Post:
Options seem to be not working (at least nothing happens after choosing that option for me). Except for that works great, thanks!

@szopin : Thanks for your feed-back so quick !

You're right, options menu does actualy nothing (for now). I forgot to removed it from the interface before publishing.

What I plan to do for the next versions :

Short time :
  • Change the reset behavior : if a variation has begun, return the step just before the variation, or reset the level.
  • Load user level : scan /home for sgf files and show them in the collection list.

Medium time :
  • Save the previous level, and jump to this level when lauching the game
  • Keep statistics on succes / error for the played problem