Posts: 290 | Thanked: 385 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Madrid, Spain
Originally Posted by hemiwi View Post
I have the same problem that i get drops and am not connected to WIFI anymore all the time.
Openrepos and Jollas server then can not update via GUI and terminal.

Have not found out what causes this. Maybe the new iptables? No clue up to know.
Hi.

I posted a suggestion here:

https://together.jolla.com/question/...n-issue-30114/

However I think that your problem is more complicated. When you're connected to WLAN: What is the result of:

Code:
[nemo@Sailfish ~]$ /sbin/route -n
?
Regards.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pasko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Sorry if this has been mentioned before. I am late to the game and scanning nearly 3000 posts would exceed my feeble brain capacity.

I have had an X for a while but did not use it at all for the first few months (too big to carry daily) and then I only used it to play an Android game (I do not mind spoiling it with Android, something I would never allow on my Jolla).

So it was only today that I first tried recording a video. It worked pretty well except... the sound was so low I could barely hear it in the playback even when turned all the way up. It was there, nice and clear, only very, very quiet.

Is this something known?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Sorry if this has been mentioned before. I am late to the game and scanning nearly 3000 posts would exceed my feeble brain capacity.

I have had an X for a while but did not use it at all for the first few months (too big to carry daily) and then I only used it to play an Android game (I do not mind spoiling it with Android, something I would never allow on my Jolla).

So it was only today that I first tried recording a video. It worked pretty well except... the sound was so low I could barely hear it in the playback even when turned all the way up. It was there, nice and clear, only very, very quiet.

Is this something known?
I experienced it too and IIRC that was a known issue.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peperjohnny For This Useful Post:
Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
fyi Jolla seems to be working on having SFOS on Xperia 10 (and using Android 9 as a base)...

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to P@t For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by P@t View Post
fyi Jolla seems to be working on having SFOS on Xperia 10 (and using Android 9 as a base)...
Out of curiosity, where did you find this?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to peperjohnny For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Probably this commit?

https://github.com/sailfishos/droidm...69b351bfb5ceb7

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Probably this commit?

https://github.com/sailfishos/droidm...69b351bfb5ceb7
Not particularly this one but indeed on github.com/mer-hybris, there are several new packages related to the Xperia 10 now

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to P@t For This Useful Post:
shame if the implication is that this is only the Xperia 10 (with its A53 low power cores) and not also including the 10 Plus (with its mix of high power and low power cores).

as it would suggest that jolla are struggling with the resources to move beyond the cheap and slow A53 Arm core CPU's (particularly as A53 has now been replaced by A55 in all new SoC designs).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jedibeeftrix For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Jedibeeftrix View Post
shame if the implication is that this is only the Xperia 10 (with its A53 low power cores) and not also including the 10 Plus (with its mix of high power and low power cores).

as it would suggest that jolla are struggling with the resources to move beyond the cheap and slow A53 Arm core CPU's (particularly as A53 has now been replaced by A55 in all new SoC designs).
Actually today I saw a commit related to mermaid (the 10 Plus)

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to P@t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 237 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mittelfranken, Germany
I wish they would commit more things to fix usability for devices already in use instead of bother for yet another phone. That would make users of phones, which where promised 'this an that' features, stay with them some time longer than mentioned phones might live.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Amboss For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x