Notices

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Ok, here is another binary. Nothing special except it has rss support if you want it. Install deb from #1 and replace with this.

http://www.mediafire.com/?b32dmp2pgyx

(Only grab if you want rss support)

If someone has internal-temp installed and is using my config, replace:
${color blue}Uptime:$color $uptime ${color lightgrey}- Load:$color $loadavg - ${freq}MHz

with

${color blue}Uptime:$color $uptime ${color lightgrey}- Load:$color $loadavg - ${freq}MHz - Temp:$(exec internal-temp)

i am a linux newbie - with less than 1 year of experience on these tablets... i like what i see in conky and i want it on my desktop...i have a replacement ( new) n810 (thanks to nokia repair)
can some one post reasonably detailed instructions on how to get this on the desktop

thanks in advance

Conky was made for the desktop and then ported to the tablets.

If you are running a debain distribution then run "sudo apt-get install conky"

If you are running a rpm distribution run as root "yum install conky"
type "su -" to be root.

You will also need a config file in your home directory. you can use the same one from your tablet or get one from the internet.

Last edited by mrlanrat; 2008-05-20 at 00:06.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrlanrat For This Useful Post:
I just want to say that Conky is super awesome and once I figured out how to be root and install it, it's quite an impressive program.

Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
Ok, here is another binary. Nothing special except it has rss support if you want it. Install deb from #1 and replace with this.

http://www.mediafire.com/?b32dmp2pgyx

(Only grab if you want rss support)

Is the above file an installable deb? or a binary? When downloaded, it has no file extension.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Ok, here is another binary
kladsjkadjnsjas (****ing 10 letter thing)

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 159 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Houston, texas
1) No idea. I just went and modified a config file I found on the internet which I use on my desktop here :
http://forums.se-nse.net/index.php?s...dpost&p=314857

I'd upload my config but my microb likes to crash when manipulating large texts. Plus the fact I'm one of the few who has jott's fortune build installed and uses mpd

2. Just place it in ~/.conkyrc.
Some good ones with screenshots and config files attached.

http://conky.sourceforge.net/screenshots.html

BTW, I love conky.

Well, my config is based a bit of those config files found there. Plus also, I've modified my config properly to work with the N800.

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Houston, texas
Well, my config is based a bit of those config files found there. Plus also, I've modified my config properly to work with the N800.
Yeah, I saw that once I uploaded the configs raw. I'm going half and half between some on that site and your specific N800 settings.

thanks

I put the command below in a script and can run it from the terminal but I can't run it from personal menu. Any tips?

Originally Posted by Benson View Post
It's a sad state when a non-developer modder can port programs right and left, but can't write this:
Code:
if [ x"`pidof conky`" == x ] ; then conky -d; else killall conky; fi

Tags
conky