Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by VeR View Post
you were saying something about google? Please count for me how many times someone was asking about the files.
Yes but asking for files just means you are an idiot. Providing a link to said illegal files can get both this site and the app yanked.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Poland !
I'm ending this conversation with these words : If it's Wrong/illeagal - Moderator please remove it.

Goodbye and have a nice day/night

Posts: 100 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Amazon-Belém
I think who decides it is piracy or not is the main Warcraft proprietary, and like it is Blizzard, and there is nothing linking to a "free classic game" on warcraft official page, this is not free.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Please do not post or link to "pirated" materials anywhere on maemo.org. I'll put "pirated" in quotes, as I'm quite familiar with the arguments against the legal system's use of that word for copyright violations. There's no need to rehash that debate. I'm also familiar with the various arguments for exceptions to that rule: abandonware, twenty-four hour testing, backup of materials purchased in another format, and so forth. There's no need to rehash those either.

maemo.org has neither the interest, nor the legal resources, to fight those battles. Please refrain from putting the site and our community in a position whereby we'll attract the attention of the MPAA, the RIAA, the BSA, other similar organizations, or individual copyright holders.

Emulators = good. Freeware = good. Copyleft = good. Creative Commons = good. Copyrighted materials being offered by, or clearly with the permission of, the copyright holder = good. Copyrighted materials distributed without clear permission from the copyright holder = bad.

Thank you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
I seem to be having trouble getting Stratagus going. I used Wargus to extract the files from a CD. However, I didn't get the same directory structure as in the screenshots. I get:

Code:
wargus-2.2.4/data.wc2$ ls
campaigns  graphics  maps  music  scripts  sounds
and stratagus doesn't start. I get:

Code:
Nokia-N900-42-11:~$ stratagus -d /media/mmc1/games/stratagus/
Maybe you need to specify another gamepath with '-d /path/to/datadir'?
Same problem even when I don't do -d.

What am I doing wrong?

tarek : )

Incidentally, I can get stratagus to work just fine with the same data in my windows VM.

Originally Posted by tarek View Post
I seem to be having trouble getting Stratagus going. I used Wargus to extract the files from a CD. However, I didn't get the same directory structure as in the screenshots. I get:

Code:
wargus-2.2.4/data.wc2$ ls
campaigns  graphics  maps  music  scripts  sounds
and stratagus doesn't start. I get:

Code:
Nokia-N900-42-11:~$ stratagus -d /media/mmc1/games/stratagus/
Maybe you need to specify another gamepath with '-d /path/to/datadir'?
Same problem even when I don't do -d.

What am I doing wrong?

Just based on what I see above it doesnt look like you have the data in the correct directory. You dont need to run the command line as the icon in your apps will run a shell script which specifies that directory.

So to sum up your campaigns etc go into /media/mmc1/games/stratagus
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

I finally got this issue sorted out. Here's how:

I ran wargus in a virtual machine via VirtualBox with the CD mounted through there. After running it, I copied the following to /media/mmc1/games/stratagus, which already contained the UI elements for the N900 screen:

1. The contents of the 'data' directory'
2. All contents of the wargus directory, using the 'Merge' option.

hey...
ummm this might be a very stupid problem but please excuse me im a noob..... i did everything as showed however after cd/media/mmc1 it says -sh: cd/media/mmc1/ : not found ..... i really wanna play wc2 on my n900.. thanks in advance

Originally Posted by herou1272 View Post
hey...
ummm this might be a very stupid problem but please excuse me im a noob..... i did everything as showed however after cd/media/mmc1 it says -sh: cd/media/mmc1/ : not found ..... i really wanna play wc2 on my n900.. thanks in advance
cd *space* /media/mmc1. Like this:

Code:
cd /media/mmc1
not like this;

Code:
cd/media/mmc1

The Following User Says Thank You to tarek For This Useful Post: